St. Mary's County Republican Primary

S

Sean Powell

Hello
My name is Sean Powell and I am a Republican Candidate for Register of Wills of St. Mary's County. My mission as the Register of Wills is to provide the citizens education on how to better protect the assets they wish to pass along to loved ones. I will accomplish this mission by bringing together professionals from the legal, investment, banking, insurance, and tax industries to provide this education. These professionals will provide regular seminars and training sessions on estates, estate planning, trusts, and any other means to help make a smooth transition of valuables and possessions from one loved one to another.
In my banking career, I have encountered many estate issues and I have found that once someone passes away, there is a lack of knowledge on how to navigate the system. By making the office of Register of Wills more proactive in educating the citizens, I can put at least one government agency to work for the people.
I would be interested in hearing any responses that members of the forum have and they can be sent to electpowell@aol.com.
Thank you for your time and please consider me on September 10.

Respectfully,
Sean Powell

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Heck, Sean, I'd vote for you just because you're the only one who's bothered to come on here to tell us about yourself!

And I think your issue is a sound one - estate planning is truly something that most people know nothing about.