St. Mary's County Road Closures - the list

DeeJay

Administrator
Staff member

All or part of the following roads are closed due to flooding, damage, or SMECO work. Click the link above for details.

NEW MARKET TURNER RD
DOCTOR JOHNSON RD
COLTON POINT RD
THREE NOTCH RD
MANOR RD
FRIENDSHIP SCHOOL RD
ASHER RD
SCOTT CIR
MORGANZA TURNER RD

BernieP

Resident PIA
I know it's not St.Marys but I heard that the bridge at Allens Fresh Run has washed away.
Again?

Checked Google maps with the traffic overlay.
No closure showing but the south bound lane is red in the vicinity of Allens Fresh Run.
Northbound side is green.
My guess is one side of the road is closed

Last edited:

tuffenuff2

Again?

Checked Google maps with the traffic overlay.
No closure showing but the south bound lane is red in the vicinity of Allens Fresh Run.
Northbound side is green.
My guess is one side of the road is closed
My husbands work colleague lives on Penns Hill and had to turn around this morning when heading to the 301.

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Both of my routes from home to Lowe's were blocked by water yesterday according to the county website.
One cleared up (Rte 5 and Flat Iron to Great Mills) in time for me to be an hour late.
Willows, from Lancaster Park to the self-store place had cleared by the time I left work a little after 8 PM.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Maybe things have changed since this morning.
Don't put any stock in Google maps traffic. It's better than nothing.
But yesterday the only ROAD CLOSED flag was at the intersection of Rt 5 and Newtown Neck Road.'

The section of Rt 5 between Great Mills and Flat Iron had absolutely like there was no traffic at all, green on both sides.