St. Mary's in the news in Biloxi.

Oh Christy, thanks for sharing the link... I'm all weapy now...:bawl:

Not only do the new book bags contain school supplies, they also have little notes from children in St. Mary's County, Maryland.

One said, "Hi. I hope you get what you need. Your friend, Kelsey."

How cool is this...:bawl:

We've got another $20,000 to spend. Money keeps coming in from everybody," said Cropp. "We're going to bring stuff for Thanksgiving. And we're going to adopt every child in the school for Christmas."

Christy

b*tch rocket
kwillia said:
How cool is this...:bawl:

We've got another $20,000 to spend. Money keeps coming in from everybody," said Cropp. "We're going to bring stuff for Thanksgiving. And we're going to adopt every child in the school for Christmas."
What I think is great is the fact that they've essentially adopted this town. I just hope the interest stays up within the county since they've got a long road ahead to get squared away.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
:clap: There is good in the world - and it is right here in good ole' SMC. How cool is that?

Last edited:
Christy said:
What I think is great is the fact that they've essentially adopted this town. I just hope the interest stays up within the county since they've got a long road ahead to get squared away.
What I think is great is the fact that it's actually about a place other than New Orleans...:smile:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
That brought tears to my eyes. It is so nice too see our community reaching out to help theirs. It goes to show that lending a helping hand can do so much to lift the spirit of others.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
St. Leonard VFD has adopted a county in Mississippi as it's "sister" county. They've taken truck loads of supplies down. SLVFD is accepting donations at their dept.

Christy

b*tch rocket
BadGirl said:
:clap: There is good in the world - and it is right here in coold ole' SMC. How cool is that?
It would be even better if all of somd.com forum members got involved and donated. :whistle: :biggrin:

nomoney

Just a something else cool, National Technologies employees donated $40k and the company matched it, so that's $80k for the Red cross from quite a few locals :yay:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
nomoney said:
Just a something else cool, National Technologies employees donated $40k and the company matched it, so that's $80k for the Red cross from quite a few locals :yay:

They surely did :biggrin:

Christy

b*tch rocket
nomoney said:
:yay:

I'm school clothes shopping for a little girl about my girls age from D'Iberville Mississippi. Those poor people lost 200 of their 8000 population and they're still missing some. :sad:

She's in for some way cute clothes.

Tina2001aniT

pixiegirl said:
St. Leonard VFD has adopted a county in Mississippi as it's "sister" county. They've taken truck loads of supplies down. SLVFD is accepting donations at their dept.
My brother left Saturday to go there with SLVFD, he is coming back Sunday, says it is horrific

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I spent two periods of time in Biloxi (technical schools at Keesler AFB) back in the 70s and went to the Baptist Church in D'Iberville while I was there. Great people down there, very friendly if you bother to get to know them.

Glad to see that many of us are helping these people out.

:yay: :yay: to everyone helping out.

nomoney said:

NTA rules! Actually the employees raised $20k, and the company matched it is what I heard...But still awesome!

Christy

b*tch rocket
Ken King said:
I spent two periods of time in Biloxi (technical schools at Keesler AFB) back in the 70s and went to the Baptist Church in D'Iberville while I was there. Great people down there, very friendly if you bother to get to know them.

Glad to see that many of us are helping these people out.

:yay: :yay: to everyone helping out.
I think there will be lots of trips to D'Iberville in the future, so keep checking the website for pics. Maybe you'll see someone you know. :shrug: