St Mary's Permit Question

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Do i need a building permit to install electric lights along my driveway and a coach lamp at the end? I live in the county, not in town anywhere.
~TIA~

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
happyappygirl said:
Do i need a building permit to install electric lights along my driveway and a coach lamp at the end? I live in the county, not in town anywhere.
~TIA~
No.

Mikeinsmd

happyappygirl said:
Do i need a building permit to install electric lights along my driveway and a coach lamp at the end? I live in the county, not in town anywhere. ~TIA~
No building permit is needed but an electrical permit is. You're supposed to have a licensed electrician do it (with a permit) or you can take the homeowners test and do it yourself.

No electrical work is supposed to be installed without a permit (I am a licensed master electrician) but it's done all the time.

Mikeinsmd said:
You're supposed to have a licensed electrician do it (with a permit) or you can take the homeowners test and do it yourself.

No electrical work is supposed to be installed without a permit (I am a licensed master electrician) but it's done all the time.
oooooooooooooh :love:

How you doin:really:

:lmao:

Mikeinsmd

terbear1225 said:
well that's just sad. can't find anything to nail?sorry, lack of sleep is getting to me.
:killingme I was waiting for this!! Soon as I posted it I thought maybe I should edit but then decided..nahhhhhhh........

Oh, electricians rarely use hammers. We run pipe and turn ya on!! :jet:

Remember, there's only two entities that create light, Gawd & Lectricians!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Mikeinsmd said:
No building permit is needed but an electrical permit is. You're supposed to have a licensed electrician do it (with a permit) or you can take the homeowners test and do it yourself.

I thought you were a Master Baiter...

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Mikeinsmd said:

Is the definition of "Installed" actually hooked to electric?
FYI if you make the application prior to the 25th of any month, and bring the stuff you need with you, (diagram of work including details, deed of record, drivers license and 25.99 fee) you are eligible to take the test the 1st Tuesday of the following month. If you pass, you can then get the permits, and can do any electrical work on YOUR property you want. Additionally, you DON'T need a permit to build a barn for YOUR recreational animals. :biggrin:

How long are the homeowner's licences good for?

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Mikeinsmd said:
Oh, electricians rarely use hammers. We run pipe and turn ya on!! :jet:
If Kjo pimped ya out, I'd have paid you to come down and lay some pipe instead of calling Ray. :whistle:

Mikeinsmd

happyappygirl said:
Is the definition of "Installed" actually hooked to electric? Yes

How long are the homeowner's licences good for? I don't know. Usually 6 mths to a year after work has started and is progressing.
:yay:

Mikeinsmd

crabcake said:
If Kjo pimped ya out, I'd have paid you to come down and lay some pipe instead of calling Ray. :whistle:
It's easy to hide things from her......

Wanna see my wiggy?? :killingme

(wiggy is a term used to refer to a voltage tester)