St. Mary's Pigskin Football

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by crabcake
If I wasn't afraid of my little girl being shoved on the field, I'd let her play football. She'd probably kick some of the boys' azzes :biggrin: But she's in cheerleading now. She loves to run though, so I thought soccer might suit her better, and she likes it, so we'll see. :ohwell:

Well of course she'd be shoved on the field! It's football! :lol: I'd let her try it, I bet she'd have a blast! I've seen a few girls playing in the league.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Hey Christy..... I think I'd like to come with you Saturday. I'd like to see the "father of the year" spending quality time with his son like he claims he does EVERY Saturday. :rolleyes:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by pixiegirl
Hey Christy..... I think I'd like to come with you Saturday. I'd like to see the "father of the year" spending quality time with his son like he claims he does EVERY Saturday. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a plan. Find out what time his game is and we'll be there. :yay:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Originally posted by Christy
Well of course she'd be shoved on the field! It's football! :lol: I'd let her try it, I bet she'd have a blast! I've seen a few girls playing in the league.

yea, but she's my little girl :frown: If one of those boys made her cry, I'd be out there opening up a can of whoop-azz on 'em, which wouldn't be right b/c it's football and that's what they're supposed to do. :ohwell: so it's best I don't let her. :blushing:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
yea, but she's my little girl :frown: If one of those boys made her cry, I'd be out there opening up a can of whoop-azz on 'em, which wouldn't be right b/c it's football and that's what they're supposed to do. :ohwell: so it's best I don't let her. :blushing:

That's when you tell her "There's no crying in football! Now get out there and kick their stinkin' a$$es!"

Christy

b*tch rocket

Okay, you're DEFINITELY a soccer mom! :lol:

Wuss! :neener: :wink:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Is soccer done through the same league? :confused: I think we'll give that a shot next season.

Soccer is a different group of organizers. Judging by the comments made here about the football league, sounds like the soccer league is much more together. Some of it varies coach to coach, but for the most part they have their acts together.

crabcake

I want her in a sport, and I just want a schedule :shrug: is it too much to ask for an idea of when the games are or when the by-week is? :shrug: My mom is coming this weekend, and if it's the by-week, she is gonna be piiizzzzzzzed off! :frown: Of course, maybe that'll allow me to delay her visit a week. :confused: :biggrin:

I want her in a sport, and I just want a schedule :shrug: is it too much to ask for an idea of when the games are or when the by-week is? :shrug: My mom is coming this weekend, and if it's the by-week, she is gonna be piiizzzzzzzed off! :frown: Of course, maybe that'll allow me to delay her visit a week. :confused: :biggrin:
So sign her up for soccer. There are boys and girls on all the teams, and we got a schedule for the entire season the Monday (or Wed.) before the first game. We already knew that he would have a game every Sat. until the middle/end of Nov.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by huntr1
So sign her up for soccer. There are boys and girls on all the teams, and we got a schedule for the entire season the Monday (or Wed.) before the first game. We already knew that he would have a game every Sat. until the middle/end of Nov.

Everyone in the football league knows there is a game every Saturday as well, just never the time. I've yet to figure out why it's so difficult to just make a schedule and be done with it. :shrug: Don Kemp is a pain in my azz, but my kid loves the sport and the coaches are awesome, soooo we'll be stickin with it.

crabcake

we know there's a game every saturday (except whenever this by-week thing is), but the times fluctuate, as does the location.

I'll look into soccer for the spring :wink:

sunnydaze

The reason we don't get a football schedule is because they have alot of teams to match up and they need to make sure that there will be enough referees at every game. When we were doing soccer they had 12 year old kids that were referees. You can't do that in football, it is to dangerous to have a 12 year old making calls. They also like to match up teams according to their abilities. They don't want really good teams playing the under dog team every week. So it is just easier to sort of watch week to week to see who will be a good match up. We have been doing football for the last 6 years in this county, and it has been good. Maybe they are not the most organized but Don Kemp does make sure that your childs equipment especially helmet is a correct fit. They also give out awesome trophies to the football players and cheerleaders at the end of the season. Don't sit back and complain if you are not willing to volunteer, the more volunteers this league has then the smoother it would run. We are in desperate need for cheeleading coaches every year- all the mommies sit back and complain but none want to get off their butts and help out to make things better!

Christy

b*tch rocket
Sunny, I don't think the disorganization comes from lack of volunteers, it comes from lack of communication on high.

I can't complain about our schedule. So far our games have been the same place same time every Saturday, as it was last year. We had a few games where they changed the times and places, but overall, it was pretty consistent.

sunnydaze

Oh but it is from lack of volunteers, if we had more moms volunteer to coach cheerleading then the teams would have been formed earlier and they could have started praacticing earlier. If we had more referees volunteer then the games could be easier to schedule. I agree the people at the top are not the most organized but I think more people need to step up instead of wasting time complaining.

I am glad you guys are having a good season!:dance:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by sunnydaze
Oh but it is from lack of volunteers, if we had more moms volunteer to coach cheerleading then the teams would have been formed earlier and they could have started praacticing earlier. If we had more referees volunteer then the games could be easier to schedule. I agree the people at the top are not the most organized but I think more people need to step up instead of wasting time complaining.

I am glad you guys are having a good season!:dance:

Actually, Crabby and I think a few other women who've posted on here, tried and tried to volunteer and were given the big blow off.

crabcake

:yeahthat: to what Christy said. We were told we had to get certified to become an assistant coach and there was one remaining course which was the following night -- not good enough notice to get a sitter on a weeknight until 9 or 10 p.m.

I agree that communication is the #1 problem. Our coach (whom we've helped out quite a bit) wasn't getting info from the overall cheerleading coach, who assumed she knew it all. How do you know what you need if you don't know what you need? :confused:

How's this ... we have, what 3 or 4 games left? Why is it that our girls STILL have no pom-poms? :shrug: Didn't they know they'd need 'em?

If you know you are gonna have 13 games each weekend, you know you need referrees for 'em. Why can't the organizers take the referrees availability, and fit them in slots and make a schedule? :shrug: the NFL does it ... :ohwell: it's called planning.

I'm not bitching without trying to do something about it, but there's not enough time left now to do much. I want my kid in sports instead of less-than-desireable activities, but it's not making it easy for the parents to keep their kids in 'em when there's little communication.

I said it before: Bush had an attack plan for Iraq faster than the league could organize these teams (and it's not like it's the first year for it!). :cool:

sunnydaze

I agree it is crazy that the cheerleaders have not received their pom-poms yet, but on the same token how can you compare pigskin football to the NFL. That is the parents problems now they think that this league is the mini-NFL. We don't have referees like the NFL because our referees are volunteer-not paid. The Kemp's have been running this league for 20 years I doubt some whining parents even bother them.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by sunnydaze
I doubt some whining parents even bother them.

Come on, Sunny, spice it up, the board is lame today, we need a big fight..tell em all what low life jerks most of the parents are..:lmao: