St. Mary's Sheriff's race, who are you...

JohnnyReb

Who are you voting for?

My vote goes to Tim Cameron, to me he seems like an upstanding guy, and we need someone who is going to go after the narcotics dealers in the county.

Sheriff Zylak, has not done much in referance to drugs in our county. Drug use is the cause for many problems, ranging from thefts and robberies, to homicides.

If something is not done now about our drug problem, we will se a significant increase in crime across the county.

What we need is aggressive patrol of problem areas in the park, and in the area of 247 and rt 235. Namely Kavanaugh road and its cross streets.

While we have some good deputies that do aggressive patrols of these areas, more is obviously needed.

The more intel you gather from lock ups in these areas, will eventually lead to BCI detectives obtaining search warrants on the homes that the dealers are using, making it very costly to run their operations there due to the siezed narcotics, homes, and the arrests made.

Tim Cameron has promised to aggressively go after our county's narcotics market, and I believe he would if elected Sheriff. Thank god we have someone willing to step up to the plate!!

Last edited:

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
JohnnyReb said:
Who are you voting for?

My vote goes to Tim Cameron, to me he seems like an upstanding guy, and we need someone who is going to go after the narcotics dealers in the county.

Sheriff Zylak, has not done much in referance to drugs in our county. Drug use is the cause for many problems, ranging from thefts and robberies, to homicides.

If something is not done now about our drug problem, we will se a significant increase in crime across the county.

What we need is aggressive patrol of problem areas in the park, and in the area of 247 and rt 235. Namely Kavanaugh road and its cross streets.

While we have some good deputies that do aggressive patrols of these areas, more is obviously needed.

The more intel you gather from lock ups in these areas, will eventually lead to BCI detectives obtaining search warrants on the homes that the dealers are using, making it very costly to run their operations there due to the siezed narcotics, homes, and the arrests made.

Tim Cameron has promised to aggressively go after our county's narcotics market, and I believe he would if elected Sheriff. Thank god we have someone willing to step up to the plate!!

Do you work for the Sheriff's Office.......or is Tim Cameron your brother?? :popcorn:

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
JohnnyReb said:
Who are you voting for?

What is his stance on Gun Control?

misslady67

Softballkid said:
Cameron... he's a joke just like Zylak

:yay:

Agreed. Somerville will get my vote. :howdy: You guys should have attended the meeting Q/A sponsored by the League of Women Voters. It was held at the Lexington Park library. For one thing, Cameron was present for the meeting and chose not to participate (although he was invited). Zylak is such an ARSE. He has 3...yeah that's right 3 deputies on the "drug task force" WTF??? No wonder drugs are getting worse.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
misslady67 said:
Agreed. Somerville will get my vote. :howdy: You guys should have attended the meeting Q/A sponsored by the League of Women Voters. It was held at the Lexington Park library. For one thing, Cameron was present for the meeting and chose not to participate (although he was invited). Zylak is such an ARSE. He has 3...yeah that's right 3 deputies on the "drug task force" WTF??? No wonder drugs are getting worse.
I like Kevin. He's approachable and he wants to work with the community. But he has to beat Zylak first and most of the "outsiders" seem to like him. I'm not a Zylak fan. He doesn't have the support of his men or a large part of the community, and he's enamored with paper pushing.

henny penny

Tim Cameron did not participate in the League of Women Voters forum because he is the only Republican candidate. Only candidates in contested races participated in any of the forums. That was the choice of the League of Women Voters.

misslady67

henny penny said:
Tim Cameron did not participate in the League of Women Voters forum because he is the only Republican candidate. Only candidates in contested races participated in any of the forums. That was the choice of the League of Women Voters.

Hmmmm interesting information. BUT it would not have changed my opinion...Somerville still has my vote.

JohnnyReb

misslady67 said:

He is a very nice person, but has no true administrative experience. Tim Cameron have a wide variety of leadership experience ranging from the county's EST team, to the LT of the Corrections division. He has accomplished many things in his career at the Sheriff's office, too many to name and has served in nearly if not all divisions.

Tim Cameron has promised to tackle the drug problem in this county, something Zylak has yet to do during his term of office.

JohnnyReb

SAHRAB said:
What is his stance on Gun Control?

While I don't want to speak on his personal beliefs (I would never talk about anyone's personal beliefs other then my own), I believe he would be a largely pro gun Sheriff. That is based on 1 he is a Republican, and 2 he was a member of the EST. Most EST members are into the subject of firearms and most deputies own personal weapons.

The chances of him being a pro gun Sheriff is very high, but keep in mind, the office of Sheriff does not make the firearms laws, they enforce them. Be cognizant of Maryland gun law and follow it accordingly.

JohnnyReb

bresamil said:
I like Kevin. He's approachable and he wants to work with the community. But he has to beat Zylak first and most of the "outsiders" seem to like him. I'm not a Zylak fan. He doesn't have the support of his men or a large part of the community, and he's enamored with paper pushing.

That's very true. You do not have enough fingers and toes to count the Deputies and Correctional officers that have left during his term of office. Many went to Charles county, Calvert, or the Calvert Cliff's Nuclear Power Plants security team (Which pays VERY well)

JohnnyReb

misslady67 said:

There has to be a certain number of deputies assigned for certain federal and state grants. They are just to get the Sheriff's office a larger budget

JohnnyReb

To suggest the SDFC Somerville should be in ANY administrative office, is ludicrous. He has NO administrative expirence at all and people want him to be SHERIFF?

He is a good Deputy and a good person. However he is not ready to be Sheriff of our county.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
JohnnyReb said:
To suggest the SDFC Somerville should be in ANY administrative office, is ludicrous. He has NO administrative expirence at all and people want him to be SHERIFF?

He is a good Deputy and a good person. However he is not ready to be Sheriff of our county.

:lalala: I just ate a boiled egg with a lot of salt and pepper. It was really good. :yay:

Carry on.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BS Gal said:
:lalala: I just ate a boiled egg with a lot of salt and pepper. It was really good. :yay:

Carry on.

What happened to Sheriff Bart ?
Is he still in the running...........

Last edited:
K

Kain99

Cameron gets my vote. He's a no nonesense, well respected deputy. Our county is going to shiat. If I remember Somerville, he has an adorable giggle. Zylaks record speaks for itself, Just pick up the local paper.