st marys tax place?

PrepH4U

Oh you're gonna fit in great here. :smile:

:yeahthat: Yellow pages is still free and so is google. Poster did not specify whether they needed just a bookkeeper that does taxes or that they wanted a CPA. I am replying to you as I am not referring my CPA to them. :evil:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I hope so. Right now NOT really convinced. First time posting on this forum and I feel like I got slapped in the face a few times.

:poorbaby:... it happens... just let it roll of your back...

and keep getting it.... and if it helps.... I have found :smack: someone back... makes ya feel better!

i sent ya a pm :coffee:

ylexot

Super Genius
I hope so. Right now NOT really convinced. First time posting on this forum and I feel like I got slapped in the face a few times.

Really? Because people asked questions? If that's all it takes for you to feel like you got slapped in the face a few times, you need to grow a thicker skin. You're not going to survive very long being that sensitive.

njrobbins

Really? Because people asked questions? If that's all it takes for you to feel like you got slapped in the face a few times, you need to grow a thicker skin. You're not going to survive very long being that sensitive.

:lmao: well i survived 3 deployments so must be doing something right. Just like straight answers not "well why dont you use turbo tax(like i do)" bs

C

czygvtwkr

:lmao: well i survived 3 deployments so must be doing something right. Just like straight answers not "well why dont you use turbo tax(like i do)" bs

It does give people insight of what you need.

A place like H&R block will cost about $150 to do an itemized return a CPA figure $350, which is it you need?

There is a liqour store in Waldorf that does taxes too.

flyingdog

Pam Abell in Hollywood...301-373-4600. GREAT book work, done mine for 20 years or more, never an issue, reasonable rate.

:yeahthat:

Pam is awesome. When we gave her old returns for ref she found an eror and refiled that year for us resulting in more money. Love her. If you don't get in this year keep her info for next.

Don't get all worked up over some of the posts here - just read betwen the lines to get the info you need. There are some great people on here and I have received some fantastic advice, and maybe a thicker skin.

Welcome!

:howdy:

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
For those that did refer me to someone, thank you. If you can't SIMPLY refer me to anyone don't reply to the post then.#
Its none of your business really why I'm not using turbo tax or h&r block. I just need an EXPERIENCED tax preparer.#New to the area people just seeing what my options are.

I am curious why you can't use Turbo Tax and must have an experienced preparer? Answer or ignore, up to you!

Unless you are a professional gambler or operate some obscure business or trade (hopefully legal), the program pretty much walks you through anything. Or you could ask just any Tom, Dick or Harriett in the Walmart check out line... and most will point you to the cubicles sitting in the aisle-way. Each preparer charge differently and sometime even the best of them can make mistakes. Many of the laws and rules do have an opinionated gray area, so no one is perfect. An example is working from home and which expenses can be allowed (IRC 167) or should you reveal your income from the brothel (IRC 61)? Sometimes everything isn't black and white and a determination must be made by the IRS and any preparer will have to agree or spend lots to fight it in court. Guess who usually wins?

awpitt

Main Streeter
So when the person said they just moved to the area, why would you assume nothing has really changed? There could be state tax changes, multiple W2s, possibly house stuff to deal with, etc.

All of which are easily handled by TurboTax.

Beta84

They're out to get us
yet you're still acting like a puss. Maybe you got lucky or maybe you're full of it. I can't imagine anyone in the military being as senstive as you're acting right now.

You came here saying "I need some tax prep help and I won't use turbo tax or anything like H&R Block" without explaining what type of help you need (for the level of experience required) or what "like H&R Block" meant. We asked questions to better help you get an answer. Yet you freaked out when all we tried to do was narrow it down to get you a good answer instead of throw some names at you that may not have been anything close to what you needed. Grow a pair.

All of which are easily handled by TurboTax.
Indeed