St. Mary's Today still SUCKS at getting the truth to you.

R

remaxrealtor

Why aren't the underage troopers breaking the law by attemting to purchase alcohol under age?

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
My father ran a bar for several years. An interesting point of law at that time was that if you 'carded' someone who looked too young and they had ID that proved them to be legal, you were still liable for a fine and loss of license if they turned out to be underage.

Reasoning is that, if they looked too young to you, it is your duty to not serve them.

Tri

Thank you, come again.
Lenny said:
My father ran a bar for several years. An interesting point of law at that time was that if you 'carded' someone who looked too young and they had ID that proved them to be legal, you were still liable for a fine and loss of license if they turned out to be underage.

Reasoning is that, if they looked too young to you, it is your duty to not serve them.

Thats BS, if they have valid ID the bar owners should'nt be held responsible should they turn out to be underage, I know at some bars they have some kind of machine where they run the ID through to be sure that it is real. You know its just not right because some people just look young, I know a store clerk that is probly 4'12 110 pounds and she is 28! She looks so young, bottom line looks are decieving.

SamSpade

Tri said:
Thats BS, if they have valid ID the bar owners should'nt be held responsible should they turn out to be underage, I know at some bars they have some kind of machine where they run the ID through to be sure that it is real. You know its just not right because some people just look young, I know a store clerk that is probly 4'12 110 pounds and she is 28! She looks so young, bottom line looks are decieving.
Is she deaf, also? I know someone who definitely sounds like that.....

No pun intended.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Tri said:
:killingme Isn't that like 5'? Tell her she's 4'12" and see what she says. :lmao:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Ken King said:
:killingme Isn't that like 5'? Tell her she's 4'12" and see what she says. :lmao:

Nomoney likes 4'12". She thinks it makes her sound bigger since it's got an extra number in it. :duh: :lmao:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
I got carded once when I was in my thirties. Turns out a friend of mine that was in line in front of me told the clerk (owner) I was underage. I smiled and thanked the clerk for making me at least feel young. :biggrin: The clerk was so embarrassed that he carried my purchases out to my truck. :cheers:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
2ndAmendment said:
I got carded once when I was in my thirties. Turns out a friend of mine that was in line in front of me told the clerk (owner) I was underage. I smiled and thanked the clerk for making me at least feel young. :biggrin: The clerk was so embarrassed that he carried my purchases out to my truck. :cheers:

I got carded a couple of weeks ago. The lady yells out "nineteen hundred seventy nine! honey, you look like you just got off the school bus!" :lmao:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Lenny said:

Is that law still in place? I was under the impression that many bars and stores simply refused to 'card' because they wanted the money and enforcement was lax. The former St. Inigoes General Store (now closed) had a sign advising customers that they had to present ID because of the county's "entrapment" enforcement.

What would you think of switching to the European system of allowing people to drink at age 17-18, but not granting drivers' licenses until age 20-21?

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
I hate that website. They need to change the color scheme or something. It looks like the webmaster is about 14 years old.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Tonio said:
What would you think of switching to the European system of allowing people to drink at age 17-18, but not granting drivers' licenses until age 20-21?
:yay:

Heck. Some people should never have a drivers' license. Those that don't signal to turn or change lanes, 75 in a 45, cell phone "growing" from ear, blink once and swerve into lane, run stop light, run stop sign, those that can't even obey the basic laws, and that includes some deputy sheriffs and state troopers.

B

Bruzilla

Danzig said:
Quote from the front page of their website "St. Mary's deputies find several liquor & beer outlets that have clerks who fail to require ID checks and thus serve minors as well as five who did their jobs right and asked for ID"

THE FACTS:
5 failed and 8 passed.

WAY TO GO. Keep up the same quality of work you are know for.

So... they typed "five" instead of "eight" in the headline, yet got the facts right in the story, and for this reason they're damned liars? I'll alert the mainstream media immediately. :lalala:

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
Barbra said:
Has anyone looked @ the online version of St. Mary's Today lately? Holy crap. Could there be any more crap on that page? How about some more moving stuff. Or a couple more crappy graphics. Maybe a few more columns. Look @ the website too long and you may have an epileptic seizure. :twitch:

Ken, hire a professional and have them redo your website.

When I don't like the way a site looks, I don't go back. Seems to work rather well for me. Just a though, not a sermon. :howdy:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
What I dont get, is when Id go to all them places, except one, cuz I went there enough to where they new me.....I always got carded....and it was normally the same people working...but yet, they all failed the lil alcohol test thingy.....weird I tell ya...weird....