St. Mary's

newbsomd

Hey all!

I'm new to SoMD (and new to this forum :p) and was wondering what spots in St. Mary's county there are for me and friends to go dancing? I think someone mentioned the Dew Drop Inn in Hollywood the other day...is it any good?

If any of you could name me a few spots I'd so appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Hey all!

I'm new to SoMD (and new to this forum :p) and was wondering what spots in St. Mary's county there are for me and friends to go dancing? I think someone mentioned the Dew Drop Inn in Hollywood the other day...is it any good?

If any of you could name me a few spots I'd so appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.

Not St. Mary's ...but my friends and I had a good time dancing at Vera's in calvert..they have a stage, bands, and a large dancing area.

Last edited:

newbsomd

Not St. Mary's ...but my friends and I had a good time dancing at Vera's in calvert..they have a stage, bands, and a large dancing area.

do they have a website??? i'd like to get general info about it...like how late it's open, what kind of music they play..etc etc.

thanks for the reply!

newbsomd

Also, my friends and I are in our early 20's.

We've been to Tiki Bar in Solomons...and while there is occasional eye candy there, there's no dance floor! :p

heelllllpppp!!!

What's wrong with "the dirty dew?"

mitzi

We've been to Tiki Bar in Solomons...and while there is occasional eye candy there, there's no dance floor! :p

heelllllpppp!!!

Nothing. It is small though. Young crowd on Friday and Saturday nights.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

heelllllpppp!!!

I am on my phone or I would post the veras website just google veras beach club their website lits the bands playing and all that. My friends and I are in our 20s as well and we found the people to be about the right age. Last band we saw did a bunch of covers, good dancing music. Just make sure you have a dd cuz calvert cops don't play and its alittle out of the way.

Tiki is our usual, or the green door. Dew drop just isn't our thing.

newbsomd

I am on my phone or I would post the veras website just google veras beach club their website lits the bands playing and all that. My friends and I are in our 20s as well and we found the people to be about the right age. Last band we saw did a bunch of covers, good dancing music. Just make sure you have a dd cuz calvert cops don't play and its alittle out of the way.

Tiki is our usual, or the green door. Dew drop just isn't our thing.

thanks!! checked out veras website, place looks like a good time for sure.

i've already gotten pulled over in calvert county for speeding :( at 4 am. no one else was on route 4, and i slowed down as soon as i saw the cop. ughh.

i tried googling the green door....not sure if they have a website. could you tell me where the dew drop is? i'd like to check it out with my friends. i figure even if the crowd isn't great, as long as i have my friends and some drank in me....it'll be a good time :p

Rock_Chick

thanks!! checked out veras website, place looks like a good time for sure.

i've already gotten pulled over in calvert county for speeding :( at 4 am. no one else was on route 4, and i slowed down as soon as i saw the cop. ughh.

i tried googling the green door....not sure if they have a website. could you tell me where the dew drop is? i'd like to check it out with my friends. i figure even if the crowd isn't great, as long as i have my friends and some drank in me....it'll be a good time :p

If you go to Charles county there are a few good places
Hotel Charles
Martinis
and I LOVE Gilligans!!! Gilligans is a restaurant on beach. You can ride your boat there, park it and go eat. They have a HUGE outside stage for bands and have bands all weekend long during the summer.

I like Seabreeze in the summer in St. Marys. Live bands in the sand.
There is a new owner at the dirty Dew so I'm hoping it gets better than before.

I love Veras! love love love!!!!

If you want to drive alll the way to AA county Calypso Bay and Coconut Joes are fun

mitzi

that #### hole doesn't even have an air conditioning system.

What in the world are you talking about? It does have air conditioning, it's always nice and cool when I've been in there. I think you're confusing it with another place.