Stacey Abrams: Conceding Georgia governor's race would mean the process was 'fair'

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Democrat Stacey Abrams on Monday allowed that she is not the governor of Georgia, but said formally conceding the 2018 election to Gov. Brian Kemp would be an implicit acknowledgment that the system was “fair.”

“Because concession means to say that the process was fair,” Ms. Abrams said on “CBS This Morning” when asked why she didn’t formally concede defeat in the race.

“But when I run an organization that in 10 days between election night and the night I refused to concede, we received more than 50,000 phone calls of people who were denied the right to vote — I am complicit if I say that that system is fair,” she said.

She must not have checked her trunk thoroughly and missed those last five pre-stuffed boxes.

This_person

50,000 people denied the right to vote?
For stupid reasons, like being "dead", or "not living in GA", or "never registered", etc. It's really despicable what they did to these poor people stopping them from voting for such silly reasons.

Reactions: BOP

SamSpade

For stupid reasons, like being "dead", or "not living in GA", or "never registered", etc. It's really despicable what they did to these poor people stopping them from voting for such silly reasons.

This was an issue before the election - that some 53,000 registrations were on pause because of inconsistencies in identifying information.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-claims-of-suppressing-53000-minority-voters/

"Candice Broce, spokeswoman for the secretary of state’s office, said in a statement to The Washington Post that the claims in the lawsuit are “bogus” and amount to a political stunt. She said the affected voters have been notified about how to contact local officials to fix their pending registration applications.

“The so-called ‘exact match’ law was passed by the Legislature and signed by Gov. [Nathan] Deal. It mirrors a Florida law recently upheld in federal court,” Broce said. “The 53,000 Georgians cited in the complaint can vote in the Nov. 6 election. Any claims to the contrary are politically motivated and utterly false.”

-------------

Under the law, if voters are flagged for typos or errors in their applications, they have 26 months to correct the information with local officials, otherwise their registration application may be canceled. If Election Day falls in that 26-month time period and their application is still in limbo, these voters can still go to the polls and cast a provisional ballot.

So not only could every one of them have voted last November, the voter turnout shattered all previous records.
And Kemp won by 55,000 votes. So she would have lost even if EVERY SINGLE ballot she claimed wasn't allowed was for her.
Turnout was huge - in 2014, around 2.5 million people voted - in 2018, 3.9 million - and he still won.

She is just a sore loser, and it looks to be spreading.

transporter

That sums up the last three years.

odd how you and your ALWAYS forget the 8 years that came before 2017.

Odd how you and yours forget the incivility expressed by you and yours.

Odd how you so conveniently forget the conspiracy theories and garbage put forth by you and yours.

I guess that is what happens when the Alzheimer's sets in.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Odd how you so conveniently forget the conspiracy theories and garbage put forth by you and yours.

Really? Where are the windows broken, the people attacked, the property set afire, the traffic that was blocked, the trashcans overturned.... ???

The non-commies in this country might not have been happy with the Magic Muslim but they weren't out in the streets wailing, rioting, looting and burning like you shitbags!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

WingsOfGold

Finally you admit one of Xidens major flaws.