Staff at NO hospital debated euthanizing patients

I saw details of this on CNN this morning... I must say I feel for the staff because they were in a position to even have to have this conversation. I must also say that if my grandmother had to die either by ODing on morphin or drowning in a bed because no one could evacuate her or dying a slow and painful death because there was no electricity to run the machines that helped her breath and kept her alive... I would be greatful for the person brave enough to give her that shot.:frown:

meangirl

Nice lady!
kwillia said:
I saw details of this on CNN this morning... I must say I feel for the staff because they were in a position to even have to have this conversation. I must also say that if my grandmother had to die either by ODing on morphin or drowning in a bed because no one could evacuate her or dying a slow and painful death because there was no electricity to run the machines that helped her breath and kept her alive... I would be greatful for the person brave enough to give her that shot.:frown:

I agree Kwillia. I can't imagine how it would feel to know you are going to drown. I'd rather my elderly relative die pain free and in peace.

rack'm

Jaded
meangirl said:
I agree Kwillia. I can't imagine how it would feel to know you are going to drown. I'd rather my elderly relative die pain free and in peace.

:yeahthat: Rotting in bed is bad enough....:ohwell:

Becky Sue

kwillia said:
:yeahthat:

camily

Peace
I agree Kwillia. Here we go again though, it's the King's Corner thread all over again. I'm keeping my mouth shut this time. Well, I'll try at least.