Stagecoach Crossing development in La Plata

marianne

Has anyone heard anything about Stagecoach Crossing home development in south La Plata? An official proposal for this development has apparently not been submitted to the town but there have been public meetings sponsored by the developer. Does anyone know what was said at these meetings or any details about the development?

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
I did a google on "stagecoach crossing laplata" and got this (from last month):

Among the newest projects is Stagecoach Crossing, which is expected to come before the town's Planning Commission in the next few months. The development would entail about 1,400 units, including houses and apartments, on more than 200 acres in southwest La Plata. Although the plans have not received any approvals, critics have sprung up.</NITF>

<NITF>"We've already got traffic problems in our neighborhood now," said Randy Stone, who lives in the nearby Locust Grove Estates neighborhood and is a member of a new citizens group fighting Stagecoach Crossing. "If you put 1,400 houses here, it is going to make a bad problem much worse."</NITF>
and this which won't let me cut and paste, but basically says the County has nothing to do with it, because it's in the LaPlata town limits. Also that the developer has been holding informational meetings and that they are requesting more houses then originally planned for when the property was annexed into LaPlata in 1994.

marianne

Yeah, that's all I know about it too. I was hoping someone in these forums might have attended one of those developer-sponsored meetings or know more details about it. It's fairly far off in the future and I'll watch the La Plata planning commission's meeting agendas to see when it's being discussed.