Stampin' Up

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
All the scrapbooking stuff. Stamps, papers, punches, etc. I bought a bunch of it a while back and have never had the time to use it.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Sorry - I guess I was rather vague. :lol:

I'm going to try and use it. I'll finally have the time in a couple of weeks to work with it and I'm afraid I've forgotten everything I've learned. I've never done scrapbooking (well, at least the pretty kind) and wanted some tips/techniques/suggestions.

Angel

~*~*~
Originally posted by jazz lady
Sorry - I guess I was rather vague. :lol:

I'm going to try and use it. I'll finally have the time in a couple of weeks to work with it and I'm afraid I've forgotten everything I've learned. I've never done scrapbooking (well, at least the pretty kind) and wanted some tips/techniques/suggestions.
I'm not trying to give anybody props, but.... I love scrap booking and I happen to get alot of my stuff through Creative Memories... A little expensive, but fun stuff... You could probably get the same stuff from WalMart or some place like it for much cheaper, but it's still fun none the less. I have a few scrap books completed already. :biggrin: Theme scrap books are the best. Mine have mostly been vacation scrap books and being far away from home scrap books.... hopefully one day I'll have chillen's of my own who might appreciate them....

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Angel
I'm not trying to give anybody props, but.... I love scrap booking and I happen to get alot of my stuff through Creative Memories... A little expensive, but fun stuff... You could probably get the same stuff from WalMart or some place like it for much cheaper, but it's still fun none the less.
I have a friend who is a Creative Memories consultant. I forgot about her since she doesn't sit next to me at work any more. I might have to hook up with her again. :cheers:

I have a few scrap books completed already. :biggrin: Theme scrap books are the best. Mine have mostly been vacation scrap books and being far away from home scrap books....
That's mainly what I want to do - places I've travelled, concerts I've gone to, and hobbies.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
tys_mommy is a consultant and has lots of good scrapping tips. I've only just started scrapbooking, but am lovin' it so far! I don't think I have any Stampin' Up products, though. Most of my stuff came from Creative Memories, Michael's, or Wal-Mart.

kidlane

I have lots of stampin up stuff, I have about 35 sets of stamps, 3 full sets of ink pads, the whole set of markers, roll stamps, and lots more stuff from them. They have good quailty products, a little expensive, but, you get what you pay for. I do scrapbooking and get my supplies from my sister in law who sells stampin up. But a little secret..... go to ebay and punch in stampin up,, they have like four thousand items. Most of the times it's cheaper than from the dealer, and sometimes you can find stuff that has been retired from Stampin up. If you have any ?'s about techniques I will try to help! :biggrin:

krystieg

I am a Creative Memories consultant and I'm always looking for some buyers. I just started selling a year ago and don't have many buyers. If your interested pm me and I'll give you my number and stuff.:dance:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Would it be ghey for a guy such as myself to be interested in scrapbooking? I have a ton of newspaper articles, photos, and the like from my childhood that are just thrown in a box waiting to be scrapbooked, but I have never had the time nor the resources to do it right.

Anyway... are there any good scrapbook starter kits out there, that have all the essentials in one package?

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by sleuth
Would it be ghey for a guy such as myself to be interested in scrapbooking? I have a ton of newspaper articles, photos, and the like from my childhood that are just thrown in a box waiting to be scrapbooked, but I have never had the time nor the resources to do it right.

Anyway... are there any good scrapbook starter kits out there, that have all the essentials in one package?
For you? No, I don't think it would be ghey at all...:smile:

Elle

Happy Camper!

How the heck did I miss this whole section of the forums:confused:

Anyway, I don't think it's ghey for a guy to scrapbook, I mean after all it's preserving your past.

My advice would be to work with a friend so that you can share resources and I am more motivated to work on my stuff when I do so with a friend. I would suggest you purchase an album at the bare minimum and work with a friend with lots of tools and supplies. You’ll need cutters, adhesive and stickers or other accents if you don’t have a friend to share with.

Creative memories has a website, www.creativememories, if you are interested in CM products. Michaels, Target & Wal-mart also sell scrapbooking supplies but CM products are guaranteed for life, make sure if you buy off brands that all products are acid and lignin free (these will harm and discolor your photos over time).

janey83

Twenty Something
I have a ton of newspaper articles, photos, and the like from my childhood that are just thrown in a box waiting to be scrapbooked

I had a box of my newspaper articles from 2 yrs of high school, and 3 years of college...so I bought a blank sketchbook, a bottle of rubber cement, and went to town.....I wish I had planned it a little better and actually bought a kit, but I think that idea still works :shrug:

gromitvt10

HI,
My wife is a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. We just moved to the area (Lexington Park) from Monterey, CA. Are there any local scrap booking meetings or groups she could join? She’s been in cooped up in the house unpacking boxes for the last two weeks, I want to get her out to meet people. Thanx

Kyle

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
jazz lady said:
Anybody else use their stuff?
Somebody bumped this thread and I saw your post. I have some Stampin' Up items (ink pads, hardware, card stock) and I've made some very pretty cards with it all. The girls love it because they can create unique items for family members. Do you still use this stuff?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Chasey_Lane said:
Somebody bumped this thread and I saw your post. I have some Stampin' Up items (ink pads, hardware, card stock) and I've made some very pretty cards with it all. The girls love it because they can create unique items for family members. Do you still use this stuff?

I still have it but don't think I've touched it since I posted this thread originally. :lol:

purplepassion

Lovin' Life
I do a lot of scrapbooking. I have found that I do most of mine late at night after everyone in the house has gone to bed. The only trouble is I have to get up at 5 am and sometimes it's 2 am before I realize it. I haven't been to a Stampin Up party but would love to get into it. There were a couple of scrops that I went to where there were different dealers and I got to look at some items and get some ideas. Wish something like that would be done again. Would be nice for someone to have a get together and everyone could meet each other.