Stand Your Ground

limblips

PREMO Member
I have no problem with any charges as long as the outcome is based on legal facts and not public opinion pressure from any group.

Midnightrider

Exactly.
If you choose to carry a gun you can’t go out starting confrontations. Every carry class I have ever taken has said it is incumbent on the person carrying to avoid putting yourself into a situation where you have to use your gun.
The testimony from the Wife is going to be interesting and I imagine the case will hang on it unless they have more or better video.

black dog

Free America
PREMO Member
Exactly.
If you choose to carry a gun you can’t go out starting confrontations. Every carry class I have ever taken has said it is incumbent on the person carrying to avoid putting yourself into a situation where you have to use your gun.
The testimony from the Wife is going to be interesting and I imagine the case will hang on it unless they have more or better video.
I would suggest you take a few classes outside of Maryland.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
The sheriff Gualtiari did it the right way - he followed the wording of the law and turned it over to the SAO. I applaud my neighboring Sheriff for sticking to his guns, and rebuffing all the criticism hurled at him by the local press and the black communi-tuh!

Now, let the case go to trial and see what the facts prove.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have no problem with any charges as long as the outcome is based on legal facts and not public opinion pressure from any group.
I completely agree with this. We try these cases in the court of public opinion, based on whichever direction the media has decided to lead us. I have no dog in this fight, other than how it makes gun owners look like nuts, and "stand your ground" laws look like the wild west. But this man does need to be looked at by our judicial system and not just sent on his merry way after he accosted a woman in a parking lot and then shot her boyfriend when he came to her defense.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We already know what the wife is going to say. I'm interested in the testimony of the witnesses who reacted on video to the altercation.

Salmon

The courts need to make “stand your ground” illegal. Even though this killer is being charged, this law is often a license to kill.

limblips

PREMO Member
The courts need to make “stand your ground” illegal. Even though this killer is being charged, this law is often a license to kill.
Stand your ground has already been before the court. It is the law. Just because you may not like it does not make it wrong. The issue in question is whether or not the shooter is covered under the stand your ground law. That is what the court will decide.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Stand your ground states that you have a right to protect yourself and your property with force if needed, and that you are under no obligation to retreat. That is pure common sense. So what you are saying is that commons sense self-defense should be outlawed, and that is ridiculous.

To that I say, you go first. And let me know where you live so I can test your resolve.

Salmon

Stand your ground states that you have a right to protect yourself and your property with force if needed, and that you are under no obligation to retreat. That is pure common sense. So what you are saying is that commons sense self-defense should be outlawed, and that is ridiculous.

To that I say, you go first. And let me know where you live so I can test your resolve.
I have news for you; breaking and entering is not a capital offense. And I live in Maryland where we luckily don’t have lax gun laws.

black dog

Free America
PREMO Member
:killingme

If you are taking classes that tell you that you should go start confrontations while you are carrying you are getting bad advice. You should try to get your money back
Don't interject statements that I haven't made, I've taken plenty of carry, state, Federal and Shield law classes in the past 35+ years that I have carried. I just took another one last week, two attorneys gave lectures and Shield Law gave there spiel..
Do you carry Shield Insurance?

Hijinx

I have news for you; breaking and entering is not a capital offense. And I live in Maryland where we luckily don’t have lax gun laws.
It depends on who's house you break into.
At your home it may not be a capitol offense.

What was your address.?

Midnightrider

Don't interject statements that I haven't made, I've taken plenty of carry, state, Federal and Shield law classes in the past 35+ years that I have carried. I just took another one last week, two attorneys gave lectures and Shield Law gave there spiel..
Do you carry Shield Insurance?
Bwhahahaha

So just like I said, it is incumbent on the person carrying to not go out and start #### that leads to a shooting.