Standoff..

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Great new show came on Fox. Had me laughing/into it from the get go. Its not really supposed to be a comedy, though. Its a show about a couple hostage negotiators that had some good comedy, but it also does the crime show drama angle. Well acted. The lead male is the the guy from Office Space. There are a number of other "movie" actors in it, as well. :yay:

Homer J

Power Chord
The lead guy also played Capt. Nixon in Band of Brothers. The big blond guy that is the head of the assault team played Bull in Band of Brothers too.

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
I wrote about this show in another thread. I thought it was an excellent show. Some really nice looking hunnies in it. So now I have it on my Season Pass in Tivo so I won't miss it.

DotTheEyes

Movie Fan
Standoff's lead actor, Ron Livingston, is so underrated. He almost always gives good-to-great performances, yet has never quite achieved A-list stardom. Hopefully this show brings him more fans, which he deserves.

Anways, I thought the show was very enjoyable overall. I enjoyed how it focused on character development and dialogue and wasn't wall-to-wall flashy action. Definitely intriguing and I plan to keep watching.

DotTheEyes

Movie Fan
Tonight's episode is good so far, though I bet the fact they're airing an airline disaster-themed episode on 9/12 will become slightly controversial. I don't really mind, though.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
They are still going strong tonight. Some nice and inventive new storylines.

I agree with Dottheeyes. He is way underrated as an actor.

Last edited:

DotTheEyes

Movie Fan
I thought tonight's Standoff, about the Asian mobster and his kidnapped daughter, was the best yet. This is a very good show which does a strong job of mixing action, comedy, drama, romance, and suspense. It and Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip are my favorites of the new TV series thus far this fall.

Homer J

Power Chord
It's back. There was a new episode on Friday night. I guess Fox brought it back for the summer. Still a great show.