Starbucks Charlotte Hall

OldHillcrestGuy

If the county and the state was REALLY serious about Charlotte Hall they would have, should have fully build Triangle Drive from RT 6 to Mohawk Drive.

There was a meeting about that, probably about 3 years ago now. Mr. Parlett and I believe one of the other landowners that would have been affected by a new road were there. They had designs even drawn up, would have been circles at Mt Wolfe rd and Triangle Dr. and again at Golden Beach Rd. If I remember correctly the land that would have to be taken for a road only affected 3 people. It was to come out by the transfer station and may have included a circle there also. Now with a new landowner who bought up most of Charlotte Hall and has land that a road would come through maybe a new road could be on the horizon.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
There was a meeting about that, probably about 3 years ago now. Mr. Parlett and I believe one of the other landowners that would have been affected by a new road were there. They had designs even drawn up, would have been circles at Mt Wolfe rd and Triangle Dr. and again at Golden Beach Rd. If I remember correctly the land that would have to be taken for a road only affected 3 people. It was to come out by the transfer station and may have included a circle there also. Now with a new landowner who bought up most of Charlotte Hall and has land that a road would come through maybe a new road could be on the horizon.
Triangle Dr was on the county transportation plan as early 2010 IIRC. But It just became the north county version of FDR Blvd.

BernieP

Resident PIA
If nothing else the Amish/Mennonites are pragmatists, they'll partially adapt in business to continue in it and make money. You need electricity to run the milking machines and chillers in the barn then there's electric there, but none in the house. Need a computer to do spread sheets and calculations then there will be one. A cash register to keep away the tax man and it will be used instead of a cigar box.

Back to the immediate cultural upgrading of St. Mary's County, nay all of SoMD, by having a Starbucks in Charlotte Hall. How badly will it **** up traffic?
The Amish don't all live by the same rules, some locales are more tolerant of outsiders and their interpretation of "be not of the world" will vary.
Some will have electricity, just off a generator, not the "grid". Some will watch TV, but at the neighbor's house
Lancaster County is probably one of the stricter sects.

Meionites come in a spectrum, from the old order, which are very close to Amish, to the general conference which are basically a conservative mainstream protestant church.

And the only thing that can screw up traffic more than a Starbucks is a Chick-fil-a.
I cannot believe the drive thru in First Colony. No matter how big they make it, it still spills onto the road.

Nupe2

M.A., help me out here. How would this impact Charlotte Hall? Would it provide for more communities, businesses? Would there be an actual Charlotte Hall similar to the way LaPlata is configured on Route 6? Is there a schematic available?

Happy Holidays!