Starbucks shop boots police officers because customer ‘did not feel safe’ around them: reports

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Some police officers in Tempe, Ariz., say they were asked to leave a Starbucks coffee shop on the Fourth of July because a customer complained they “did not feel safe” with the cops present, according to reports.

Five officers were drinking coffee at the Starbucks location prior to their shift beginning when a barista asked them to move out of the complaining customer’s line of sight or else leave, the Tempe Officers Association wrote in a series of Twitter messages.

Rob Ferraro, president of the police union, told FOX 10 of Phoenix that such treatment of police officers seems to be happening more often these days.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/...rs-because-customer-did-not-feel-safe-reports

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
If true:
-

-
And if true, maybe the complaining patron should move to Portland. As things go these days in Portland the patron would never have to worry about feeling unsafe around police as the police there apparently have been instructed to do no policing.

Finally, on a more serious note, the mind set that prompted the request for the cops to leave because it felt unsafe is the brain-dead mind set that advocates for "gun free zones."

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Big, humongous, astronomical, difference between, "police officers", and deputies. A super majority of all negative stories relating to police misconduct, fraud, fabrication of evidence, shootings, killings, etc., are committed by, "police officers". "Police officers", represent, serve, and work for a corporation, aka, a town, city, municipality, etc. Deputies, an extension of a Sheriff, represent, serve, and work for the people of the County where they are located, and operate on a Constitutional principles. "Police officers", operate at the whim of an appointed Chief, who operates under the whim of corporations, (town, city, etc.), so call elected officials.

A big reason people feel unsafe around, "police officers", other than many winding up dead around them, is because the councilpeople, the mayor, and the Unions, alway have their back regardless of any atrocities perpetrated against the people they are purportedly supposed to serve.

Maybe a sign should be post that says, "Deputies allowed", "police officers stay away"?

Rommey

While there may be technical differences between them, I doubt the majority of the public would differentiate between "police officer", "deputy", "constable", etc. If they have a badge and a gun, most would likely look at them as "police" or "officer".

That being said, what kind of person is afraid of the police in a coffee establishment (assumedly) minding their own business? Starbucks better hope they don't get robbed or actually need the police.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
That being said, what kind of person is afraid of the police in a coffee establishment (assumedly) minding their own business?

Someone that often finds themselves on the wrong side of the law?

GregV814

If I may ...

Big, humongous, astronomical, difference between, "police officers", and deputies. A super majority of all negative stories relating to police misconduct, fraud, fabrication of evidence, shootings, killings, etc., are committed by, "police officers". "Police officers", represent, serve, and work for a corporation, aka, a town, city, municipality, etc. Deputies, an extension of a Sheriff, represent, serve, and work for the people of the County where they are located, and operate on a Constitutional principles. "Police officers", operate at the whim of an appointed Chief, who operates under the whim of corporations, (town, city, etc.), so call elected officials.

A big reason people feel unsafe around, "police officers", other than many winding up dead around them, is because the councilpeople, the mayor, and the Unions, alway have their back regardless of any atrocities perpetrated against the people they are purportedly supposed to serve.

Maybe a sign should be post that says, "Deputies allowed", "police officers stay away"?
You sir, are a f***ing idiot? Ever been on a ride-along with a police officer or would the gun and car cause more irrational fear?

PeoplesElbow

If I may ...

To me it seems that the most professional of the law enforcement is the state troopers, which work for an appointed boss.

In places that have city police officers they are the ones that have to handle the dirty work in the cities which is probably why they have more problems.

I am also pretty sure that city police get paid the least between State, Deputy Sheriff, and City Police and many of the best ones try to make it to an agency that pays more.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Not that I'm praising Starbucks but have you tasted 7-11s coffee in the last few years?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

You sir, are a f***ing idiot? Ever been on a ride-along with a police officer or would the gun and car cause more irrational fear?
Just stating facts. Because, as I am sure you are well aware, "police officers", of corporations, aka, cities, towns, I forgot - some counties, etc., are hired to enforce the policies, first and foremost, of that corporation. Second to everything else. Things like preventing little girls from selling lemonade from her sidewalk stand. Harassing supposed loiterers next to a corner store. Beating a jaywalker for failing to obey and talking back. I'm saying the plurality of violence from "law enforcers", come from, "police officers".

TPD

the poor dad
Don't know why any self-respecting police officer would take his trade to a lefty leaning place like Starbucks in the fist place, when every 7-11 gives them coffee for free.

Overpriced crap! I haven’t had Starbucks in a good while. If it’s the only coffee house in the airport at 6am I bypass and take my chances of a headache at 3pm.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

To me it seems that the most professional of the law enforcement is the state troopers, which work for an appointed boss.

In places that have city police officers they are the ones that have to handle the dirty work in the cities which is probably why they have more problems.

I am also pretty sure that city police get paid the least between State, Deputy Sheriff, and City Police and many of the best ones try to make it to an agency that pays more.

That is a fact here in Maryland. When I am talking about , "police officers", State Troopers are not included. Troopers here in Maryland, which represent the State itself, in my experience, are the most professional, wear an outstanding uniform, and carry themselves in a professional and respectful manner commanding respect without the obligatory and threating stance many other police have. I've said this before. Our Troopers are outstanding and puts Evan's deputies to shame.

I'm pretty sure city police are paid far more than Sheriff's deputies, especially when you consider it is only "police officers", represented by Unions. You know, just like that one "police officer", in Baltimore being paid nearly $250,000 last year?

officeguy

A bit disingenuous to attack Starbucks for the actions of an insecure and ill informed employee. The company has come out very apologetic about their staffers screwup. Considering how often I see deputies and troopers in our local stores, I have no problem believing that there is NO corporate policy to disinvite LEOs.
Their reaction to the manager throwing out the two mooches in Philly was disgraceful. This time around, the only thing I can fault them for is not to have training and management policies that would have prevented this. The only person who can ask a customer to leave should be the shift manager or store manager, and that person needs to have training on who to boot and who to keep.
(some burger Kings have a 'report writing desk' reserved for the local cops so they spend extra time in the store, that and free donuts is the way to keep them around)

officeguy

Can't share your enthusiasm about MSP. In my experience they act like they are above the law and there is no recourse if you have a complaint. Its worthwhile to look back as to why the agency was founded and they have strayed far from that mandate. If they appointed me Lord Governor of Maryland, my first decree would be to dissolve MSP and to established a unified policing strategy. MSP should run a statewide crime lab and the the fire marshals office, they should have no primary jurisdiction in any area with an elected sheriff.

Tech

Wonder what would have happen if the employee had so No? Sure the letter to coporate would not had said that the people that made ze "uncomfortable" and that the employee refused to have removed were cops.