Starlink

glhs837

Power with Control
Ah, I see. But keep in mind, this isnt like cell coverage. So the map is more where they allow dishes to operate than where they can provide service, if you see the distinction.

This shows where all the sats are.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Ah, I see. But keep in mind, this isnt like cell coverage. So the map is more where they allow dishes to operate than where they can provide service, if you see the distinction.

This shows where all the sats are.
However you want to describe it, if its not lit light blue, then you can't sign up for service yet.

From the looks of that map, unless you live in Golden Beach, Saint Marys isnt available.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
However you want to describe it, if its not lit light blue, then you can't sign up for service yet.

From the looks of that map, unless you live in Golden Beach, Saint Marys isnt available.
Which is why I was surprised to have gotten mine a few months back. All indications were that there was no service available.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Yeah, need to sort mount next, most likely an aftermarket piece.
That might be hard to find, if at all. The dish and pole mounts are very uniquely designed, with locking inserts. The Starlink mount options are pretty inexpensive and designed really well.

glhs837

Power with Control

But here's the thing they're sending me the dish. They simply won't sell it to you unless you can get service.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Just happened to trip over this. I've been watching this guys StarLink vids, pretty informative.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Inevitable. Update to 'unlimited' usage.

To ensure our customer base is not negatively impacted by a small number of users consuming unusually high amounts of data, the Starlink team is implementing a Fair Use policy in the US and Canada in December 2022.

Based on your data usage over the last six months, this policy will have no impact on your service if your usage patterns stay the same.

Under the Fair Use policy, all Residential customers will receive unlimited data, and will start each month with Priority Access, which means their data usage will be prioritized during times of network congestion.

Customers who exceed 1 TB of data use on a monthly basis (currently < 10% of users) will automatically be switched to Basic Access for the remainder of the billing cycle, which means their data usage will be deprioritized during times of network congestion, resulting in slower speeds.

Data used between 11pm - 7am will not count towards your Priority Access.

Starting today, you can now monitor your data usage on your account page. Read more in Starlink’s Fair Use policy and in the Terms of Service.

Thank you for being an early customer and for your continued support of Starlink!

Starlink Team