Starz in Black

As if not enough already, is it just me or do others find it wrong that the word Black has to be added to just about everything these days? Just saw a cable channel called "Starz in Black". How are these things started? What would happen if someone tried to start a channel "Starz in White"? This division is EXACTLY what is tearing our country apart. I can just imagine all the lawsuits that would pop up. This is out of control. :doh: Bill Cosby for VP!

JimW711

Driving the Z
As if not enough already, is it just me or do others find it wrong that the word Black has to be added to just about everything these days? Just saw a cable channel called "Starz in Black". How are these things started? What would happen if someone tried to start a channel "Starz in White"? This division is EXACTLY what is tearing our country apart. I can just imagine all the lawsuits that would pop up. This is out of control. :doh: Bill Cosby for VP!

Let me guess... the cable channel is owned by OPRAH....:bigwhoop:

I like the Black Starz... :shrug:

The movies are OK, but that's not the point. The question is why must there be all these magazines, shows, products, etc. with the "Black" reference. If we're all created equal, shouldn't all things, therefore, be without this divide of black and white?? Where is the equality in that???

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
The movies are OK, but that's not the point. The question is why must there be all these magazines, shows, products, etc. with the "Black" reference. If we're all created equal, shouldn't all things, therefore, be without this divide of black and white?? Where is the equality in that???

Isn't calmness worth something? :shrug:

Seamaid

I don't know...but it doesn't bother me at all.:buddies:

=shuvelhead;3201268]The movies are OK, but that's not the point. The question is why must there be all these magazines, shows, products, etc. with the "Black" reference. If we're all created equal, shouldn't all things, therefore, be without this divide of black and white?? Where is the equality in that???[/QUOTE]

T

tiny_dancer33

I don't know what Starz in Black is, but this is the exact same conversation that's been had in about fifty other places on this forum. Seriously. We get it. It's creating divides. Trust me. No one hates Black Evil - oops, I mean - "Entertainment" Television more than some black people. It perpetuates a negative image.

Edit: I just looked it up. It appears it's a channel for showing pan-African films and Afro-centric productions by smalltime filmmakers. I don't see anything wrong with that. A channel for showing films on a certain topic. Kind of like a sci-fi channel for sci-fi movies. It doesn't mean "This is the movie channel for black people to watch." It means "this is the movie channel for movies about Africa or pan-African culture." That's not creating divides any more than it creates divides to have Chinese restaurants or Irish pubs. At least in this particular case.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seamaid

:buddies:

I don't know what Starz in Black is, but this is the exact same conversation that's been had in about fifty other places on this forum. Seriously. We get it. It's creating divides. Trust me. No one hates Black Evil - oops, I mean - "Entertainment" Television more than some black people. It perpetuates a negative image.

Edit: I just looked it up. It appears it's a channel for showing pan-African films and Afro-centric productions by smalltime filmmakers. I don't see anything wrong with that. A channel for showing films on a certain topic. Kind of like a sci-fi channel for sci-fi movies. It doesn't mean "This is the movie channel for black people to watch." It means "this is the movie channel for movies about Africa or pan-African culture." That's not creating divides any more than it creates divides to have Chinese restaurants or Irish pubs. At least in this particular case.

Rumrnr

....where's the rum?
I call BullSH*t!

The argument for these channels does not float because society would NEVER permit a "STARZ in white" or "W.E.T. White Entertainment Television" We all know that these channels would elicit so much Venom from the ACLU, NAACP and Liberals in general that it might be amuseing to try it just to watch the reactions!!! :popcorn: :razz:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
The argument for these channels does not float because society would NEVER permit a "STARZ in white" or "W.E.T. White Entertainment Television" We all know that these channels would elicit so much Venom from the ACLU, NAACP and Liberals in general that it might be amuseing to try it just to watch the reactions!!! :popcorn: :razz:

You whites are all alike. :duh:

T

tiny_dancer33

No, but a "Starz in French" would, or a "Starz in Scandinavian Languages" - as awkward as it sounds. Or a Starz for British films. In the US, at least, our common culture as whites stems from our different national heritages, whereas for most blacks, the national heritages have been blurred over time. Hence Starz in Black for pan-African films. Telemundo for Spanish language films. That random channel that shows Chinese soap operas. Etc.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
You racists act like only black people are allowed to watch Starz in Black... :dur:

Rumrnr

....where's the rum?
...you talking to me?

You racists act like only black people are allowed to watch Starz in Black... :dur:

If you are.... you just proved my point. That being the fact that by me even commenting on the existence of "Starz in Black" that some liberal a$$ hat would stand up and shout RACIST and start pointing and jumping up and down.
There exists a profound double standard in this Country. There is no need for a "Starz in Black" ANY film should be judged on it's own merits which should include, cinematography, story, acting, direction...etc. Between IFC, Sundance, Encore, Stars, cinemax, the movie channel, HBO, there already exists a forum or venue for all screenplays. "Starz in Black" is unnecessary pandering and perpetuates a separatist sub culture in our country.... we need to be coming together not separating based on race, religion, sex, or country of origin, etc.

Last edited: