ISO Information State Park Pass and St. Mary's river state park

Erk

So as is my habit I purchased the 'unlimited visits to all state parks' pass for a year.
The happy pup and I head for a muddy walk at St. Mary's river....and there is a gate that insists on three dollars there.
I had hoped that it would take a code from my 'hang from the rear view mirror' pass, but nope.

So, my unlimited visit pass excludes ST Mary's river, which is 80% of visits when fish'n weather hits.

Any thoughts?

lbowles2012

So as is my habit I purchased the 'unlimited visits to all state parks' pass for a year.
The happy pup and I head for a muddy walk at St. Mary's river....and there is a gate that insists on three dollars there.
I had hoped that it would take a code from my 'hang from the rear view mirror' pass, but nope.

So, my unlimited visit pass excludes ST Mary's river, which is 80% of visits when fish'n weather hits.

Any thoughts?
We got a card from Point Lookout State Park that allows you to use it in the machines at the state parks.

Dakota

~~~~~~~

Any thoughts?

The annual pass offers unlimited day-use admission for everyone in the vehicle (up to 10 people) to Maryland's state parks and facilities, unlimited boat launching at all applicable state park facilities and a ten percent discount on state-operated concession items and boat rentals. For parks with honor box systems, the pass covers entry service charges. If you plan to visit Sandy Point State Park with your pass, after you receive your pass, call the Sandy Point office at 410-974-2149 to get a magnetic swipe card to open the automatic gate. If you plan to visit Point Lookout State Park and/or St. Mary's River State Park, call the park's office at 301-872-5688 to receive a swipe card to open their automatic gates.

Annual Pass (maryland.gov)

Erk

The annual pass offers unlimited day-use admission for everyone in the vehicle (up to 10 people) to Maryland's state parks and facilities, unlimited boat launching at all applicable state park facilities and a ten percent discount on state-operated concession items and boat rentals. For parks with honor box systems, the pass covers entry service charges. If you plan to visit Sandy Point State Park with your pass, after you receive your pass, call the Sandy Point office at 410-974-2149 to get a magnetic swipe card to open the automatic gate. If you plan to visit Point Lookout State Park and/or St. Mary's River State Park, call the park's office at 301-872-5688 to receive a swipe card to open their automatic gates.

Annual Pass (maryland.gov)

that will do it, thanks!

TPD

the poor dad
Wait! What? There's a gate at St. Mary's River State Park? When did that happen? So no more just driving in and walking around the river? Just like Pt Lookout State Park I guess - no more just driving to the point to watch the sunset without the state raping you.

Bonehead

To be honest they had to limit access to Point Lookout due to the latino/hispanics trashing the park every weekend. They leave enormous amounts of trash behind. Just like back home. The same for St Georges Island boat ramp area.

Erk

Wait! What? There's a gate at St. Mary's River State Park? When did that happen? So no more just driving in and walking around the river? Just like Pt Lookout State Park I guess - no more just driving to the point to watch the sunset without the state raping you.

They did a major upgrade to the parking areas and boat ramp. It's very nicely done. I think the honor system of paying detected a large lack of honor, I rarely saw passes, annual or day, displayed on cars. Never saw a problem with trash and debris, I think mainly a loss of needed income.

glhs837

Power with Control
They did a major upgrade to the parking areas and boat ramp. It's very nicely done. I think the honor system of paying detected a large lack of honor, I rarely saw passes, annual or day, displayed on cars. Never saw a problem with trash and debris, I think mainly a loss of needed income.

My son worked there for a while a few summers back, and it was pretty bad.