State Police State Police Locate Suspect and Vehicle Involved In Fatal Crash On I-795

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
(PIKESVILLE, MD) – Maryland State Police located the vehicle and suspected driver involved in a fatal crash on I-795 that claimed the life of a Carroll County man today.

The victim is identified as William Fanning, Jr., 71, of Westminster. He was transported to Northwest Hospital where hospital personnel pronounced him deceased. Fanning was the driver and sole occupant of a 2000 Chevy Silverado.

The accused driver of a gray 2010 Nissan Rouge believed to be involved in the crash is currently in police custody. The identity of the accused driver is being withheld pending arrest. Troopers from the Maryland State Police CRASH Team are conducting the investigation and will consult with the Baltimore County State’s Attorney before making an arrest and placing charges.

Troopers from the Golden Ring Barrack were dispatched to the scene for a reported crash at northbound I-795, south of the Franklin Boulevard exit in Baltimore County. Police believe two vehicles were traveling north when the crash occurred. Witnesses told troopers they watched the suspect vehicle sideswipe the victim’s vehicle and continue traveling northbound, without stopping at the scene. The victim’s vehicle then traveled off the right side of the roadway, striking a sign and then a tree.

Troopers obtained a detailed description of the suspected vehicle and immediately issued an alert to media and other law enforcement partners. Shortly after 7:30 p.m. this evening, officers from the Baltimore County Police Department located the vehicle with obvious front end damage in a parking lot in Woodlawn. The suspected driver of the vehicle was inside the vehicle and taken into police custody without incident.

Police urge anyone with information relevant to this investigation to contact the Golden Ring Barrack at (410) 780-2700.

###​

or thru HQ Duty Officer, 410-653-4200

[ This article originally appeared here ]