States Rights vs. Reducing EPA Emissions Standards

Clem72

So I assume freezing the federal standards for vehicle mileage at the 2020 level will be assumed a win (I don't personally think "car" emissions are that much of a problem now), but where do we stand on the Feds restricting the right of States (California in particular) to set their own tighter standards? Even if you don't agree with the tree huggers, we should support their right to set their own environmental standards, right?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
So I assume freezing the federal standards for vehicle mileage at the 2020 level will be assumed a win (I don't personally think "car" emissions are that much of a problem now), but where do we stand on the Feds restricting the right of States (California in particular) to set their own tighter standards? Even if you don't agree with the tree huggers, we should support their right to set their own environmental standards, right?

California has already created a brown-out nightmare for themselves preventing power generation plants construction.

If they want to make all their citizens walk everywhere too, so be it.

Hijinx

California has already created a brown-out nightmare for themselves preventing power generation plants construction.

If they want to make all their citizens walk everywhere too, so be it.

I don't have a problem with california making stupid emission laws that no one else has. My problem is with car manufactures worrying about meeting those laws.

Just make cars that all the other states accept and the hell with california. Let them be like Cuba and drive their old wrecks until they realize they need to do what everyone else does.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Just make cars that all the other states accept and the hell with california. Let them be like Cuba and drive their old wrecks until they realize they need to do what everyone else does.

Exactly.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Just make cars that all the other states accept and the hell with California. Let them be like Cuba and drive their old wrecks until they realize they need to do what everyone else does.

that is basically what is going to happen when Cali goes 100 % EV, and no NEW IC Based Cars are allowed to be sold

and repair parts are banned

This_person

EPA standards are reasonable in that we all live on the same continent under the same government. I added those last four words to suggest that UN standards are NOT acceptable unless the American people vote on them (via our representatives) and they are consistent across the world.

States can do as they please, in my view, so long as they do not countermand the federal. If they want theirs more restrictive, that's acceptable. But, again, the Constitution wins - if your car is registered in another state, you do not have to meet California's standards, even when in California. It is only the residents of California that must meet those rules, or you would be restricting Article 4 Section 1
US Constitution said:
Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

In my opinion, if your state allows you (by their public acts, records, etc.) to concealed carry, you should be able to even when you are in another state. Just like a driver's license, and in this hypothetical scenario your car is legally registered to drive on the roads. To the best of my knowledge, no state demands a safety inspection of cars from other states even if that state demands an annual safety inspection for that state's cars. This should be the same, and open/concealed carry should be the same (the list is much longer, but, just sayin').