Stealing from a church

BernieP

Resident PIA
Three 24 ft trailers stolen, I would have at least chained the wheels to keep them from being easily pulled away.

https://smnewsnet.com/archives/4744...trailers-stolen-from-property-in-leonardtown/
I saw a post on FB (from a friend) but I thought they were merely describing their church-to-go, missed that it was stolen.
What kind of scum organizes the theft of church property. This is not a drive by with a rice burner. Trucks and SUVs to pull the trailer (meaning they had the right hitch).

DannyMotorcycle

probably a member set that up... looks like 3 drivers at the same time? 3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead?
Trailers were/are probably worth 5 to 6 grand each? plus content.. i guess that makes it something like theft over 10 to 20 thousand?
should carry some time if/when caught?

i'm guessing someone has a big private setting for their destination?

BernieP

Resident PIA
probably a member set that up... looks like 3 drivers at the same time? 3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead?
Trailers were/are probably worth 5 to 6 grand each? plus content.. i guess that makes it something like theft over 10 to 20 thousand?
should carry some time if/when caught?

i'm guessing someone has a big private setting for their destination?
Coordinated attack. Either someone forgot to mention they were moving them or it was a planned heist.
I don't recall seeing any signs on the trailer with the church's name. Something the public can see if they happen to pass one.

If you see or hear of Pace American 24′ enclosed trailers for sale or newly acquired, please let us know. The trailers were full of rolling carpeted boxes with our equipment and supplies.

Our primary goal is to recover the trailers and equipment. We are willing to receive them back with no questions asked.

All three 24 foot trailers are numbered 1, 2, or 3 overtop the door hatch.

If you have any information about this incident please contact us at (240)925-8787 or brian.wiesemann@maryland.gov.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....

BernieP

Resident PIA
What would be a nice gesture is if 1 of those pastors from the TV mega churches, the ones with private planes and live in 10,000 sqft mansions, would purchase replacements.
funny guy
They won't even give a way a simple pamphlet free of charge

PeoplesElbow

What would be a nice gesture is if 1 of those pastors from the TV mega churches, the ones with private planes and live in 10,000 sqft mansions, would purchase replacements.
If I remember correctly one of them even had the last name of Money.

2 trailers were stolen from the Boy Scouts in Huntingtown, recovered a few days later. If I were the police, I'd consider these perps for the Leonardtown heist too. Doesn't seem to be a very common theft.
Scout trailers were distinctive, thus identifiable. The church trailers were plain. Trailer thefts are rampant in DMV.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Scout trailers were distinctive, thus identifiable. The church trailers were plain. Trailer thefts are rampant in DMV.
:yeahthat:
I remember going to Cumberland to do some float fishing. We were out in the middle of nowhere. My buddy backed his utility trailer up against a large tree after we launched the boats. He said that if he didn't, the trailer might be gone by the time we got back to it. It wasn't foolproof, but it was there when we returned.