Steelers/Ratbirds

Wildcat97

This has been the quietest rivalry week I can remember!! Where is all the trash talk?!?

Yes, this is for you SOMDRAVEN!! :boxing: :elaine: :boxing:

R

retiredweaxman

This has been the quietest rivalry week I can remember!! Where is all the trash talk?!?

Yes, this is for you SOMDRAVEN!! :boxing: :elaine: :boxing:

I have R Lewis in my fantasy league...living in Pittsburgh (NW actually), I read that Ben is hobbled and can only walk normally in a protectiuve boot that is against the rules to wear in the game...so, naturally I picked up Suggs...

A hobbled Ben vs Ravens defense that is hungry to decimate them and I see this game going to the Ravens...

Ravens 24 - Stealers (yes, I know how it is spelled but this is more appropriate) 13

BuddyLee

Football addict
The Steeler v. Raven games have always been epic. However, the Steelers have almost always held the slight edge because they've had a legit #1 receiver. They nearly have that in Wallace but he's not a #1 just yet. This time the Ravens have a legit #1 WR in Boldin. Perhaps the best pick-up of the off-season. As you see, that's the difference in this game and many this season.

R

retiredweaxman

Typical of Stealer fans to wait until the end of the game to post a comment like this...why weren't you disputing my post prior to the game? Why not post your own prediction prior to the game?

Rael

Supper's Ready
I don't usually stay up for the night games, but this one was worth it.

With all of the media pre-game talk on how bad Big Ben's condition was, he looked like he moved around and played just fine. But his nose really did look broken on that one play (looked like an incidental punch through the face mask).

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Typical of Stealer fans to wait until the end of the game to post a comment like this...why weren't you disputing my post prior to the game? Why not post your own prediction prior to the game?

The only fans that whine worse than Ravens fans are Redskins fans -- must be something about the water in this area. For your sake, since you're up in my neck of the woods now (NW of Pittsburgh), it's safer for you to confine those kinds of comments to this board & not voice them in public where you are, cause "them's fightin' words" :boxing:!

:roflmao:

I understand it was the usual great game between the Ravens & Steelers with mistakes made on both sides. That's what happens in football and that's what makes this match-up such a good game each time they meet.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!

With all of the media pre-game talk on how bad Big Ben's condition was, he looked like he moved around and played just fine. But his nose really did look broken on that one play (looked like an incidental punch through the face mask).

It was broken according to the Steelers' website & Coach's remarks.

SOMDRAVEN

Big Dog Daddy
I just now saw this thread. Great game as always. Ravens had their chances they just couldnt execute. Steelers played well in the clutch. Last 4 games have now been decided by 3 pts. There is no better rivalry right now. Congrats Wildcat 97. See you in the 2nd round of the playoffs for round 3.

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
I just now saw this thread. Great game as always. Ravens had their chances they just couldnt execute. Steelers played well in the clutch. Last 4 games have now been decided by 3 pts. There is no better rivalry right now. Congrats Wildcat 97. See you in the 2nd round of the playoffs for round 3.
I'd have to agree with you on that. There is no love loss between these two teams. They flat out hate each other.

Baz

This. ------------------>

I thought he looked very limited by his injury. He had almost zero mobility. I don't think I've ever seen a game where he stayed in the pocket as much as this one.

As usual, a very good game coming down to the wire. :yay:

R

retiredweaxman

The only fans that whine worse than Ravens fans are Redskins fans -- must be something about the water in this area. For your sake, since you're up in my neck of the woods now (NW of Pittsburgh), it's safer for you to confine those kinds of comments to this board & not voice them in public where you are, cause "them's fightin' words" :boxing:!

Sorry TWIN - I may live NW of Pittsburgh, but I am in no way a Stealer fan and I let EVERYONE up there know it. No, I am not a DEADSKIN fan either. I have been and always will be a J E T S fan (originally from Hartford, CT).

By the way, I am now living in Beaver Cty...actually closer to the OH/PA state line than Pittsburgh...but no one knows where the Heck Beaver Cty is...

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Sorry TWIN - I may live NW of Pittsburgh, but I am in no way a Stealer fan and I let EVERYONE up there know it. No, I am not a DEADSKIN fan either. I have been and always will be a J E T S fan (originally from Hartford, CT).

By the way, I am now living in Beaver Cty...actually closer to the OH/PA state line than Pittsburgh...but no one knows where the Heck Beaver Cty is...

Beaver Falls, Aliquippa...

I grew up in Butler, shopped in New Castle, camped at Pymatuning, we played Aliquippa for HS football... ahhhhh...memories....:coffee:

It's okay that you're not a Steelers fan -- once a Steelers fan, always a Steelers fan so I won't change. :lol:

Last edited:
R

retiredweaxman

Beaver Falls, Aliquippa...

I grew up in Butler, shopped in New Castle, camped at Pymatuning, we played Aliquippa for HS football... ahhhhh...memories....:coffee:

It's okay that you're not a Steelers fan -- once a Steelers fan, always a Steelers fan so I won't change. :lol:

Funny you mention Aliquippa (The Quip) - I live 2 blocks from the town line in Center Township...taxes in Center about 800 a year. Taxes in Quip about 2400 for the same sized house...made my decision where to buy a house very easy!!!

I used to work on Rte 8 in Butler, so I am a little familiar with that area.

My wife is a devout Steeler fan...we have tickets for the JETS/STEELERS game in a couple of weeks at Heinz Field. Yes, we have already started the trash talking.