Stella made the fugly horse blog..LOL

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Stella is who I got Jose' from...She had me sign a contract stating..

1. He has thrown the last two riders that have tried to ride him..

2. Missing a back molar (big deal)

3. Has a bump on girth area that does not effect him...

guess she learned her lesson she layed it out for me...:whistle:

Fugly Horse of the Day!

Wait4It..boom

You have a horse you can't ride (or just the 2 others couldn't)? I see the site - does she just sell and trade horses? Good to know when I start looking for one for the kids that is SAFE.

Wait4It..boom

That poor mini's hooves on that website. Reminds me of another article I read awhile back where the hooves on a horse were so bad they were like cork screws.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
You have a horse you can't ride (or just the 2 others couldn't)? I see the site - does she just sell and trade horses? Good to know when I start looking for one for the kids that is SAFE.

She is a breeder...probably one of the longest in the US for Pasos..my parents brought over some of the first Pasos in the early 70's...

Does this look like a horse I can't ride Jose' he has never made a bad move on me and I ride the crap out of him...he is great..I offered her 1/4 of what she was asking and she took it...

Wait4It..boom

What a handsome boy! He looks like he's good as gold for you (always nice to get a deal too).
What type of saddle do you use on him? Is it an endurance style? I'm considering a Tucker endurance saddle. Having come off a bad fall a few years ago, I really want something my butt sinks into a little more than the dressage and close contact saddles I'm using now, but nothing with a big horn like the western. Not to mention, I need a little more support for the achy back I get after riding!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
What a handsome boy! He looks like he's good as gold for you (always nice to get a deal too).
What type of saddle do you use on him? Is it an endurance style? I'm considering a Tucker endurance saddle. Having come off a bad fall a few years ago, I really want something my butt sinks into a little more than the dressage and close contact saddles I'm using now, but nothing with a big horn like the western. Not to mention, I need a little more support for the achy back I get after riding!

Yeah paid like $750 for him and she wanted $3500 I told her I would get him sight unseen ...and she paid 1/2 the shipping..Honestly I feel the horse market is a buyer beware..if she bought the wrong horse too bad for her..Stella was honest with me..

I use a Bob Marshall treeless..I have one for each trail horse...I love them..and honestly the only time I had any problems was when I used a treed saddle on Jose he was just a little "odd" that day...I am sure it was the difference in saddle..

http://appyday.com/images/Paso Finos/Jose/922007214.jpg

http://appyday.com/images/Paso Finos/Jose/71520072490.jpg

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
hey!!!

i meant did you tell her what stella wrote into the contract?

Naw I stayed out of it all the way around...Stella wanted me to sign something for her for court and I changed the words around and she did not use it..anyway odd..I just sit and watch...

Rick said Diosa was real good today..he wants to get her flexing at the poll more he said that will help with her gaiting..he said she gaits most of the time (we were right lol) Teki is Teki :lmao: He liked Monty...How was Abby today? Vence or Jose give you trouble??

devinej

hehe teki is teki! and yay for us for being right about diosa!!

i put vence and jose in the stalls so they didn't bother us, abby was a little more interesting today, not horrible though. but time for some round pen work. i'll be back on wednesday sometime.

Wait4It..boom

Yeah paid like $750 for him and she wanted $3500 ]

I'm just dreaming of a deal like that.

Honestly I feel the horse market is a buyer beware..

It certainly is buyer beware which makes it hard to find anything. It's difficult to trust someone is going to sell me something that I could truly put my kids on.

I use a Bob Marshall treeless..QUOTE]

Treeless huh? Maybe I should look into that. Finding one with a large enough tree is my problem. Wide withers but narrower through the rest of her body.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I'm just dreaming of a deal like that.

It certainly is buyer beware which makes it hard to find anything. It's difficult to trust someone is going to sell me something that I could truly put my kids on.

I use a Bob Marshall treeless..QUOTE]

Treeless huh? Maybe I should look into that. Finding one with a large enough tree is my problem. Wide withers but narrower through the rest of her body.

Deals are ALL OVER you just need to look..

You dont buy something thinking it is "the one" I buy and try out..I buy sight unseen...LOTS of horses..from as far away as Salah Washington..I buy and try out I ever like it and keep it or I resell it. The only horse I have hear I rode before I bought is my show gelding Roger...Vence, Jose', Misty and the orphans (Teki and Diosa I got at 6 weeks) Were all bought sight unseen..yeah I had others that did not work out..those I have kept...hard to trust anyone or go by a ride..I just buy and try...

Treeless should fit almost ANY HORSE...once you ride in one (for trails and comfort) you will not go back to treed..like sitting on your couch and going in the woods..