Steny stands up

glhs837

Power with Control
Well, no matter why, he said the right thing, so, to Steny, sir,

bravo.jpg

Hijinx

It's the first time in years I have ever been happy with any of his statements

Unbelievable. Steny is 79 years old. Most male children their testes start to drop at a much younger age. It has taken 79 years for Steny's to arrive?

Whatever, I hope they come in strong.

Rommey

But then he later said
"We don’t think the wall works -- as you know, an awful lot of Republicans didn’t -- don’t think the wall will work as well. ...

transporter

So...how many of you read what he said??? Or read past the first paragraph? 1 of you?

"Obviously, they work some places," Hoyer responded, when asked if he favored removing border walls. "But the president wanted to first build a wall apparently 1,954 miles of -- and he changed that very substantially. "

He added: "A wall is -- that protects people is not immoral. I think the issue is whether it works. ... And the debate ought to be not on morality or racism, I will -- I will say that we’re not pleased with some rhetoric that has come about dealing with those -- coming across the border, and we think some of the rhetoric was in fact racist. We think some of that rhetoric was to inflame and was not based upon facts."

Here again is just more evidence of just how inept Donal Trump is...

What is his proposal? Do any of you know? Does he even know?

He campaigned on a 2,000 mile wall of tall concrete. Now he is all over the place....is it steel...concrete...does it cover the length of the southern border or just portions...

What is it's purpose? To keep people out was his original stated goal. Now it is to keep out drugs in general (which it will obviously fail at because drugs are not coming in in large quantities on the backs of immigrants)....keep out fentynal in specific (which will fail because fentynal comes from China thru ports and on planes...not on the backs on immigrants)...to keep out terrorists (though it has been pretty well shown terrorist infiltration from the south is not an issue)

If Trump possessed and actual sales skills or governing ability he would have clearly articulated his actual idea by now. But he hasn't because he just isn't qualified for the job he has.

BTW...Steny Hoyer is pretty clearly offering an opportunity in the couple of quotes above. Trump won't follow thru because he is too tone deaf to hear it and too blind to see it.

Hoyer says it will work in some places...so Trump sits down with them and they agree where it would work. Trump gets portions built and the govt is reopened...not that hard to see...unless you are incompetent.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Hoyer says it will work in some places...so Trump sits down with them and they agree where it would work. Trump gets portions built and the govt is reopened...not that hard to see...unless you are incompetent.
Great idea. Too bad Pelosi refuses outright to enter such a discussion.

Hijinx

Great idea. Too bad Pelosi refuses outright to enter such a discussion.

You are right of course. Pelosi is dead set on no money no matter what.
But I am surprised that she let Steny loose long enough to say what little he did.

SamSpade

Of course it works in some places. Apparently according to Jim Acosta - that would be EVERYWHERE there IS one.

I think these guys only ever open their mouths to switch feet.

awpitt

Main Streeter
You are right of course. Pelosi is dead set on no money no matter what.
But I am surprised that she let Steny loose long enough to say what little he did.

Not only govt workers but contractors as well who will not get back pay when the govt reopens as is the case with the govt workers.

glhs837

Power with Control
So...how many of you read what he said??? Or read past the first paragraph? 1 of you?

Here again is just more evidence of just how inept Donal Trump is...

What is his proposal? Do any of you know? Does he even know?

He campaigned on a 2,000 mile wall of tall concrete. Now he is all over the place....is it steel...concrete...does it cover the length of the southern border or just portions...

What is it's purpose? To keep people out was his original stated goal. Now it is to keep out drugs in general (which it will obviously fail at because drugs are not coming in in large quantities on the backs of immigrants)....keep out fentynal in specific (which will fail because fentynal comes from China thru ports and on planes...not on the backs on immigrants)...to keep out terrorists (though it has been pretty well shown terrorist infiltration from the south is not an issue)

If Trump possessed and actual sales skills or governing ability he would have clearly articulated his actual idea by now. But he hasn't because he just isn't qualified for the job he has.

BTW...Steny Hoyer is pretty clearly offering an opportunity in the couple of quotes above. Trump won't follow thru because he is too tone deaf to hear it and too blind to see it.

See, there's this thing you can do. Where you agree with one thing a person says when you think they are correct, but disagree with another thing they say when you think they are wrong. As long as those two things are not identical, that's okay. You can think a 2,000 foot long concrete barrier is silly, but also think that doesn't mean that any barrier anywhere is an immoral thing.

Also, he can be right that most illegals are not packing 40 kilos on their backs. But he can be wrong that a barrier stopping "regular" illegals wont affect the drug runners, who use a lot of the same routes. and, here's a funny thing. If 2,000 CBP agents currently work non-drug related illegals, and I cut the numbers of those illegals by 50%, guess what, just maybe I can use those other 1,000 CBP folks to, I dunno, maybe CHASE DRUG SMUGGLERS?!!!!!!!

Also, Steny can offer all the things he wants, but as long as Queen Nancy keeps screaming NO MONEY FOR A WALL", and as noted, she's great at keeping her party in line, then Steny can look good without having to actually put up.

Makavide

Not too talkative
furloughed contractors to get back pay?

Not only govt workers but contractors as well who will not get back pay when the govt reopens as is the case with the govt workers.

On Wednesday, Smith introduced legislation along with fellow Democratic Sens. Sherrod Brown (OH), Chris Van Hollen (MD), Ben Cardin (MD), Mark Warner (VA), and Tim Kaine (VA), to require federal agencies to work directly with companies that contract to them to provide back pay for the employees caught up in the shutdown

https://www.vox.com/2019/1/16/18185406/government-shutdown-contractors-backpay