Steroid hearings

donbarzini

Anybody watching? Clemens is getting toasted. Twice already he was "reminded" that he was under oath. And now he's stammering that Petitte "misheard" the conversation.

Nupe2

Wonderful...could somebody with a little time on their hands please explain why Congress is spending so much time on this stuff? Does this have anything to do with baseball's exemption from Anti-Trust laws? I don't get it. :shrug:

PsyOps

Pixelated
GUILTY!!! Man Clemens is getting grilled!

Yeah, well now Rep. Burton is grilling McNamee and he is admitting to have lied over and over again. He admits he withheld evidence. There is no way this guy can be believed on anything. Before this I was convinced Clemons was guilty; now I am convinced Brian McNamee is nothing more than a lying crook. I hope they leave Clemons alone after this and let him get on with his final years in baseball. What a sham!

DuffMan

yeah but Clemens had sores on his butt!! Clemens is so cocky its unreal.

McNamee is a dumb dumb too!

AndyMarquisLIVE

yeah but Clemens had sores on his butt!! Clemens is so cocky its unreal.

McNamee is a dumb dumb too!
They've determined he had the sores and that they were from an injection. But, they don't know what kind of sore it was. It could've just been a bruise.

McNamee's lied over and over again. First he did this in Tampa in July or August and he could've injected some B13 or whatever they're talking about too fast and now he absolutely injected him with steroids in June, not August.

I'm not sure about Clemens, but I think McNamee should be charged with lying under oath (he lied then or he's lying now :shrug:) and obstruction of justice.

AndyMarquisLIVE

I admit I haven't been following this, just watched a little bit of it. It's on every single channel. MSNBC, CNN, CNBC (why?), FOX Biz, FOX News, HeadlineNews, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNnews, FSN, MASN.

So, we've got a crumbling economy, a friggin' war and THIS is on? Why's Congress even in the middle of this in the first place? This is nothing but a crock and a waste of money. It's just theatrics by Congress to distract us from the real issues.

Nupe2

I admit I haven't been following this, just watched a little bit of it. It's on every single channel. MSNBC, CNN, CNBC (why?), FOX Biz, FOX News, HeadlineNews, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNnews, FSN, MASN.

So, we've got a crumbling economy, a friggin' war and THIS is on? Why's Congress even in the middle of this in the first place? This is nothing but a crock and a waste of money. It's just theatrics by Congress to distract us from the real issues.

I thought it was just me. :yay:

PsyOps

Pixelated

Hmmm... :tap:

Maybe we do need JPC in there. I mean really, if we're going to have useless hearings they may as well be entertaining.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've said it before and here I go again.
Just build a bare cinderblock restroom facility somewhere back behind the cooperstown hall of fame museum and house the roid user's trophies there !

Call it the 'Bonds Bathrooms' or the 'Rocket's Restrooms' or something like that !

PsyOps

Pixelated
I've said it before and here I go again.
Just build a bare cinderblock restroom facility somewhere back behind the cooperstown hall of fame museum and house the roid user's trophies there !

Call it the 'Bonds Bathrooms' or the 'Rocket's Restrooms' or something like that !

Not a bad idea. They can put little plasma screens above the urinals showing endless videos of the congressional hearings.

Last edited: