still horse hunting???

jumpergirl976

still looking for the right horse. anybody no any?

our price range is 1500 height 15.2 or higher age about 6 to 16

looking for english. possibly can jump? and go on trails?

pm me if you know any good horses

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
still looking for the right horse. anybody no any?

our price range is 1500 height 15.2 or higher age about 6 to 16

looking for english. possibly can jump? and go on trails?

pm me if you know any good horses

Put another "0" on there and I know of several. :whistle:

fredsaid2

She certainly doesn't need a 15 or 10k horse for what she's layed out as her requirements. Doubling her price point would help a lot though. One recommendation, contact Claddagh Eq, they may be able to get something in your price range. You can google the name, they're off Rt 244. Good luck!

Larry Gude

Strung Out

...just for the record, I am totally opposed to hunting horses, especially given the excess of deer we have and especially given that horses can be trained to do useful things and because, even though I've never eaten horse, it just doesn't sound very good.

No to horse hunting.

:tap:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
She certainly doesn't need a 15 or 10k horse for what she's layed out as her requirements. Doubling her price point would help a lot though. One recommendation, contact Claddagh Eq, they may be able to get something in your price range. You can google the name, they're off Rt 244. Good luck!

Come on Fred...you know we were just pulling her chain.....making a "funny". I know lots of OTTB for that price range but they will need LOTS of training. Heck there are many people trying to GIVE their horses away. It costs just as much to feed a cheap horse as an expensive horse. Remember there is no blue book on horses!!!

fredsaid2

Come on Fred...you know we were just pulling her chain.....making a "funny". I know lots of OTTB for that price range but they will need LOTS of training. Heck there are many people trying to GIVE their horses away. It costs just as much to feed a cheap horse as an expensive horse. Remember there is no blue book on horses!!!

Gotcha, I just wanted to give her a lead to something within her range.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL

They are very good at matching people up with horses. That is where I got my wonderful guy.

ARWB01R

I know of a young lady with a horse in your price range:

"Lucy" is a 10 year old chestnut TB mare, blaze and two diagonal socks. She is in some pretty desperate circumstances and needs to sell her horses asap. I believe she is asking $1500/negotiable. Very level headed, green over fences. Extremely willing, not hot headed or nervous.

The other is a bay (no markings) Warmblood/TB cross but I think she is asking $3500/neg for her? PM me and I can forward you her number.

Good luck in your search!

jumpergirl976

thanks. we have looked at the TB/WB all ready. we heard she was a nasty refuser over fences but we arnt sure if she is or not

jamesbond007

thanks. we have looked at the TB/WB all ready. we heard she was a nasty refuser over fences but we arnt sure if she is or not

She has been in the past, and she hasn't been worked lately, so i'm sure getting her back in shape would take a lot over fences, so i'm pretty sure you'd see a few dirty stops while builiding her confidence over the larger jumps.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Just passing this along....
EVENT HORSE WAITING FOR HIS CHANCE OR FOX HUNTER - Asking $4,000
Colonel Mosby
Grey Thoroughbred
16 hands
6 years in June 2008
Bathes, loads, ties, great in a stall, no vices, personality coming out of his hooves, lovely mover, confident, very smart, and very athetic,
You don't have to pick him up and put him down in front of the jumps, he'll jump anything and loves every moment of it, at least 3 ft. He's a thinker. Very nice ears.
Knows his leads, minds your leg and moves off your leg, works in a snaffle, no need for spurs or crop
Great flexibility in his head and neck, and really snaps those legs up squarely, hooves flex wonderful.
Never Raced, trained by Jennifer Taylor who does event and fox hunters, though he's never hunted - from age 2 - 5
Very sturdy, excellent hoof health, great inner health. Current on shots, worming, and teeth - have records since I've owned him.
I don't use or need shoes on him great hooves.
Extremely sound, and I have films of his legs from a 13 months ago showing he's clean. Will vet on 1/20/09
Likes action. Will be a great event horse or fox hunter.
Call 301-919-8857 or email herdbound3@yahoo.com
Dickerson, Maryland off Route 28 near Frederick County Line
Pictures available, i can upload them if anyone wants.

Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I love to see pictures:) He sounds wonderful
These were sent to the MDHorsepeople list. This isn't my horse, I'm just forwarding.
Can you tell anything by these? just curious.

Attachments

• Moseby7.jpg
    Moseby7.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Moseby8.jpg
    Moseby8.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Moseby9.jpg
    Moseby9.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 96
  • Moseby11.jpg
    Moseby11.jpg