Stimulus Package

Qurious

Im On 1.
Q. Is my stimulus payment taxable?

A. No. You will not owe tax on your payment when you file your 2008 federal income tax return. But you should keep a copy of the IRS letter you receive later this year listing the amount of your payment. In the event you do not qualify for the full amount this year but you do next year, you will need to have the letter as a record of the amount you previously received.

Q. Will the payment I receive in 2008 reduce my 2008 refund or increase the amount I owe for 2008?

A. No, the stimulus payment will not reduce your refund or increase the amount you owe when you file your 2008 return.

IRS FAQ

THANKS

B

Bronwyn

I wonder how much it would have stimulated the economy if they had not taken it away from us in the first place?

I guess you appreciate it more when they take it and then give it back.... kinda like I do with my five year olds toys, lol.

Solja_Boy

Haiku's are stupid. keep your stupid poems in the burbs. there aint nothin gangsta bout them. I spit game and hot fire.

Pete

Repete
I guess you appreciate it more when they take it and then give it back.... kinda like I do with my five year olds toys, lol.

If they don't take it they can't get the faux feeling of generosity and your adoration for giving it back.

dn0121

At least your getting a check! I get nothing because of my relocation. It adjusted me out of the income brackets needed to get the check. It would have been nice if I had actually had the money that the IRS says I made but it was all relocation expenses!

Charles

At least your getting a check! I get nothing because of my relocation. It adjusted me out of the income brackets needed to get the check. It would have been nice if I had actually had the money that the IRS says I made but it was all relocation expenses!
The relocation expenses were not deductable?

seems like if they really want to stimulate the economy... Bush would just say.. ok gas will be no more than 2.25 per gallon .. period.. then the cost of food and everything else would drop back to a normal price.. thus people would have more money to buy things...

mdgirlie

seems like if they really want to stimulate the economy... Bush would just say.. ok gas will be no more than 2.25 per gallon .. period.. then the cost of food and everything else would drop back to a normal price.. thus people would have more money to buy things...

Amen to that! Control gas, economy thus improves.

terbear1225

it has been dropping the last week or so. obviously no where near 2.25 but i was happy to see it had dropped a nickel a gallon at least