Stock advice

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Fred Hoeck said:
One can not be a passive investor anymore if one is invested in high tech. Maybe you might want to look into exchange traded funds.
Or indexes like spiders (SPDR). Spiders" are S&P Depositary Receipts, usually shortened to SPDRs, and pronounced "spiders." The SPDR Trust is a unit investment trust based on the Standard & Poor's 500 Index, and it owns a fixed portfolio of all the stocks that make up the S&P 500. They are good for "arm chair" investing. They will not be a "home run", but then they won't strike out either.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Fred Hoeck said:
Many analysts think Google is going down another %50. I think you would be better looking for another area to invest. Remember the 90's when all the Internet stocks went through the roof and then the bubble burst. Just finished using up loss carry-overs. I thought of shorting Google. The bloom is off the rose, they have competition, and they have bad relations with the GOP which will not help them in getting legislation and regulations favorable to them passed, remember what happened to Microsoft.
Dividend paying stocks pay you to invest, and dividends have favorable tax treatment right now.
Seems like the Telecom sector is rebounding, finally. The oils are going down.
One can not be a passive investor anymore if one is invested in high tech. Maybe you might want to look into exchange traded funds.
I don't know what hardly any of that means. :lol:

I do have a lot of different stocks - little bit of this, little bit of that. Google was just one of them. I have 5 shares of Microsoft that I'm thinking of unloading. I've had it for 6 months and it's been hovering below my purchase price ever since I bought it.

My best performer so far (besides Google) has been Toyota.