Stock investors...over summer months.

phreddyp

900 pt crash on Black Friday for the Dow. It now rests just over where it was in May. Months of losses have accrued to a very sickly retirement fund for me. The comfortable private acct that I was happy to see for November is now in deficit.

THIS completely rests on the ignorant voters who pulled the Dem lever for both local and national positions. THEY and their alumni from the Jimmy Carter School of economic wisdom have brought this recession and financial collapse.

The deficit is astronomical, unmanageable...and there is no strategy to turn it around...but we are paying illegal aliens to invade us, and killing the middle class with inflation. May the 11/22 elections destroy the Democratic party for decades.
One day DOES NOT make a trend , besides if the market never went down it would be a bitch trying to buy low and sell high ! Relax but keep your powder dry .

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep, up and down we go, but over time you trend up. Don't be a paper handed chicken little reacting to daily ups and downs. Buy what you believe and stick. Trying to lead the market is a losing game. My IRA was 189 a few weeks back, now sits at 160 something. And it will rise back over time. Take deep breaths and watch the long term chart when the short term one looks crazy.

One month - Lost 300 more in that one day than I made in the whole one month,

One year

But over this year I've gained almost 20x that 4,000 monthly or daily number. A longer view is essential.