Stock market under various Presidents

transporter

Normal, intelligent people understand that the President has very little control over the longer term trajectory of the stock market...but since our current inept, incompetent and unfit President claims that he does and his cult-like followers parrot the same bullsh!t...

From Reagan to Trump: Here's how stocks performed under each president

S&P 500 in the first 645 trading days of each presidency
Ronald Reagan
+23%
George H.W. Bush
+36%

Bill Clinton
+29%

George W. Bush
-26%

Barack Obama
+46%

Donald Trump
+29%

littlelady

God bless the USA
Meh, try harder guys. I bet you can come up with at least one other type of joke if you work together.

Great idea! Let’s work together to save our beloved USA. :patriot: I do have to say your forum name is provocative. The first time I saw you on this forum, I thought of the devastating fires that have ravaged the West, the burning of the US flag, and burning of bizs, and riots, and all. Do you know anything about that, and do you kneel for our National Anthem? And, I have, always, wondered why people kneel during our National Anthem. Who/what are they/you kneeling to/for? Just wondering.

Last edited:

22AcaciaAve

Actually this type of comparison, which the media uses all the time, is as stupid as comparing sports figures from different eras. The playing fields are not the same. Comparing the completion pct. of Drew Brees with Johnny Unitas would have one believing that Unitas was nothing more than backup material. The game changes, the benchmark is different. Same with comparing the economy or stock market from different president's. Trump's market overall is up, but has been wildly volatile, much based on his predisposition to tweeting out things. The two presidents who are outliers are Clinton and Obama. Clinton's market was pumped up based on a new technology not available to president's before him. It would be tough to screw that up. Obama is an even bigger outlier. He inherited a market that had just been cut in half. The stock market has NEVER suffered a decline/correction that it has not eventually come back from and exceeded it's previous high. The market would have rebounded if McCain, Romney, or even Trump were president at that time. Obama should be given credit for stabilizing things, but the rebound was inevitable and had nothing to do with him. Make me president in 2008 after the market was cut in half and I would look just as good.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Actually this type of comparison, which the media uses all the time, is as stupid as comparing sports figures from different eras. The playing fields are not the same. Comparing the completion pct. of Drew Brees with Johnny Unitas would have one believing that Unitas was nothing more than backup material. The game changes, the benchmark is different. Same with comparing the economy or stock market from different president's. Trump's market overall is up, but has been wildly volatile, much based on his predisposition to tweeting out things. The two presidents who are outliers are Clinton and Obama. Clinton's market was pumped up based on a new technology not available to president's before him. It would be tough to screw that up. Obama is an even bigger outlier. He inherited a market that had just been cut in half. The stock market has NEVER suffered a decline/correction that it has not eventually come back from and exceeded it's previous high. The market would have rebounded if McCain, Romney, or even Trump were president at that time. Obama should be given credit for stabilizing things, but the rebound was inevitable and had nothing to do with him. Make me president in 2008 after the market was cut in half and I would look just as good.

You sound like my husband. You are smart. 🤓. I miss the :smort: smilie. Happy stock marketing, y’all!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Normal, intelligent people understand that the President has very little control over the longer term trajectory of the stock market ......

Direct Control, no not much .... unless you are Obama with a Pen and Phone using EO's to destroy the Coal Industry

Influence from Policy / Speeches / Increase or Decrease Regulation YES

why was Obama giving speeches ' we have to get used to 3% Growth '

why is like a Hard Rock Candy Christmas since Trump was elected

Tax Cuts YOU Hate and Optimism