Stocks

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Like everyone, I am aware these are turbulent times, but one thing for the life of me I’ll never understand is the herd mentality of the market.
Like today, the pundits are stating one the reasons the Dow dropped today is the “retail “ sector earnings are down. They didn’t know last week that this was going to happen. They didn’t know manufacturing was going to be impacted etc. so all waited for today to find out these issues and sell.
Someone help me here.......

TIA

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't believe for one minute that professional financial people are panicky animals.

I mean, maybe I do considering what asstards our government officials are.

But anyway, it seems like a game to me - manipulated and controlled for the amusement of the Masters of the Universe. They just like to **** with us.

Reactions: BOP

Chris0nllyn

I think they all knew bad numbers would come out but waited to see actual numbers before doing anything.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Like everyone, I am aware these are turbulent times, but one thing for the life of me I’ll never understand is the herd mentality of the market.
Like today, the pundits are stating one the reasons the Dow dropped today is the “retail “ sector earnings are down. They didn’t know last week that this was going to happen. They didn’t know manufacturing was going to be impacted etc. so all waited for today to find out these issues and sell.
Someone help me here.......

TIA
Damn, if only Tranny was here to explain it to you. :lol:

PeoplesElbow

You can make money in a bull or bear market.

I' have some modest losses right now but am laying a foundation to make money in the future. Volatility can be your friend.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I don't believe for one minute that professional financial people are panicky animals.

I mean, maybe I do considering what asstards our government officials are.

But anyway, it seems like a game to me - manipulated and controlled for the amusement of the Masters of the Universe. They just like to **** with us.
I talked to our advisor yesterday to set up a managed account for my oldest and he said it is a fine time to invest. I know he does it for a living but when he and his partner were first starting their own firm, our whole family went with them, so we trust them. Anyway, he did say that the market was probably going to drop again before a rebound but that a rebound was coming. The market did lose 35% but it has recovered half of those losses. My boy is 17 so his portfolio should be ok once it's set up.

Reactions: BOP

phreddyp

I talked to our advisor yesterday to set up a managed account for my oldest and he said it is a fine time to invest. I know he does it for a living but when he and his partner were first starting their own firm, our whole family went with them, so we trust them. Anyway, he did say that the market was probably going to drop again before a rebound but that a rebound was coming. The market did lose 35% but it has recovered half of those losses. My boy is 17 so his portfolio should be ok once it's set up.
Good for you set up my daughters Roth IRA at about 14 .

PeoplesElbow

Yee-Haw

This crash will pay off my house. There is still money to be made though.

CAT, ROKU, F, OI, ANLY, CEQP, USO, OMI

Missed the boat on MSFT and WMT

GregV814

I bought some American eagles a few weeks ago. A strategy to follow is wait till I buy an investment, then give it two weeks!!! When it drops like lead balloon, buy!!!