Stomach virus

wittykitty

I'm curious who else has been affected by the stomach virus that has been going around. My hubby got sick Sunday night and I started feeling sick Monday night. We're still unable to keep anyting on our stomachs. Anyone else?

Erin

I'm curious who else has been affected by the stomach virus that has been going around. My hubby got sick Sunday night and I started feeling sick Monday night. We're still unable to keep anyting on our stomachs. Anyone else?

:howdy:

In January - I had it; lasted 4 days and I lost 5 1/2 pounds.
Then hubby had it, kiddos had it too.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Not just here. Lots of folks I know out-of-state have this bug too.
My friend and her family in FL have had this for a couple weeks. She has a suppressed immune system, so it hit her worst; she lost 10 lbs. in a few days.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
Get yourselves some probiotics to rebuild your gut 'good guys'. Get the pearl kind so it gets where it needs to. Next time it won't be so awful.

btw I give them to the family after a course of antibiotics to help rebuild their systems.

royhobie

hobieflyer

Also the flu is still going around. In addition to a bronchial virus that stays with you for weeks. I had a temp. at 102.3 with the bronchial virus. Dr. said it has to take its course and couldn't do much. Temp was gone in a few days. I'm back to work but still coughing that continues to seem like it is in the upper chest.

ginwoman

Also the flu is still going around. In addition to a bronchial virus that stays with you for weeks. I had a temp. at 102.3 with the bronchial virus. Dr. said it has to take its course and couldn't do much. Temp was gone in a few days. I'm back to work but still coughing that continues to seem like it is in the upper chest.

Sounds like what I have now. Did you have a sore throat too?

animalluvr4life

animal luvr
i had the same bronchial virus and it turned into having bronchitis then into pneumonia. I first started off with the sore throat and 2 days later i was coughing and still am coughing here and there and have had the problem since the 28th of november.

ginwoman

Get yourselves some probiotics to rebuild your gut 'good guys'. Get the pearl kind so it gets where it needs to. Next time it won't be so awful.

btw I give them to the family after a course of antibiotics to help rebuild their systems.

Can you take the probiotics while on antibiotics to help alleviate some of the side effects of the antibiotics?

annemayer

Can you take the probiotics while on antibiotics to help alleviate some of the side effects of the antibiotics?

You take probiotics,in the form of the probiotic supplement itself or plain old yogurt,as a way of replenishing the normal flora/bacteria in your intestine. Often when a person takes antibiotics,the drug itself is not causing the side effect of nausea,diarrhea,etc - rather,the good bacteria/flora are killed along with the bad,and you develop a separate issue called C.Difficile. This can be dangerous,and is normally kept at bay by the good guys in the intestinal tract. Eat yogurt,couple times a day,and all will be well.