Stone, County, MS - entire police department

Dakota

~~~~~~~
quit :oops:

Entire police department resigns in Missouri | TheHill

Well, perhaps I am not so shocked - being in law enforcement right now in any capacity SUCKS

It doesn't help that the so-called justice system is a revolving door unless you are a Republican who attended J6 and I don't want to hear "it was an insurrection," because I guarantee that if Donald Trump told his supporters to do an insurrection, they would still be there. :rolleyes:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Wow. I've been there and don't think of that area as a BLM hotspot where lack of support from the Mayor/residents/etc would cause the cops to walk out. That whole region is pretty conservative - Trump won Stone County with 80% of the vote.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Wow. I've been there and don't think of that area as a BLM hotspot where lack of support from the Mayor/residents/etc would cause the cops to walk out. That whole region is pretty conservative - Trump won Stone County with 80% of the vote.

Yeah - I thought the same and their governor worked over 20 years as a police officer so I thought it would be better for them.

I am in a private FB group of officers from all over the U.S. and couldn't believe how many were saying that they were bleeding people left and right and either were not replacing or replacing with total chit.

black dog

Free America
Yeah - I thought the same and their governor worked over 20 years as a police officer so I thought it would be better for them.

I am in a private FB group of officers from all over the U.S. and couldn't believe how many were saying that they were bleeding people left and right and either were not replacing or replacing with total chit.

We have the same problem here with a dozen or less officers. They hire on here for 36,000 and once they are certified they head two counties over. Its a win where they go because of no academy costs. And with that they almost double there income before overtime. Its a win for everyone but the small towns.

Hijinx

It costs a ton of money to train a Police Officer.
A Police Officer who is trained and goes to a new department is a big bonus for the department he goes to.
most of them will have no problem finding a new job.

But like Dakota's friend says, Many times when you lose a competent Officer because of under pay or other reasons you get a less than adequate replacement. Because anyone adequate will know why the previous Officers left and will stay away.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Guess the red voters in a red county in a staunchly red state don't really "back the blue" once they figure out how much it costs.

:sshrug:

It's a pretty small town that A) can't afford to pay the big bucks; and B) it's not a hardcore job anyway. They could go to St. Louis and make a lot more money, but then they are real cops dealing with shitbags every minute of every day and those nice relaxing Officer Friendly days are over.

The Hill story linked above is weird because the reporter doesn't seem to be aware that Kimberling City has maybe 2000 residents. I tried to find different accounts but they're all slight variations on the same, wanting to talk about police shootings and BLM and defunding police, none of which are pertinent to Kimberling City. It sounds like the police chief had a problem with the Mayor, so he quit and all the officers followed him.

BOP

That was before mail-in vote. Why do you think the USPS is exempt from mandatory vaccinations?

HemiHauler

It's a pretty small town that A) can't afford to pay the big bucks; and B) it's not a hardcore job anyway. They could go to St. Louis and make a lot more money, but then they are real cops dealing with shitbags every minute of every day and those nice relaxing Officer Friendly days are over.

The Hill story linked above is weird because the reporter doesn't seem to be aware that Kimberling City has maybe 2000 residents. I tried to find different accounts but they're all slight variations on the same, wanting to talk about police shootings and BLM and defunding police, none of which are pertinent to Kimberling City. It sounds like the police chief had a problem with the Mayor, so he quit and all the officers followed him.

Looks like the problem was that that he couldn't shake down the mayor for more $$.

He probably wanted a fleet of tactiCOOL armored assault vehicles to protect the land border with Arkansas.

On a more serious note, if the small town can't fund the requirements to have their own police force, perhaps they dissolve the town and be absorbed by a neighboring municipality. We periodically see similar stories to this in the news, it's not unprecedented.

Hijinx

IMO the reason the USPS is exempt is because of the flavor of the USPS employees.
All Government will be exempt when this idiot realizes who they will be hurting if this policy is followed.

HemiHauler

IMO the reason the USPS is exempt is because of the flavor of the USPS employees.
All Government will be exempt when this idiot realizes who they will be hurting if this policy is followed.

Not accurate. The Postal Service is NOT exempt from the mandate. Try and keep up.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
On a more serious note, if the small town can't fund the requirements to have their own police force, perhaps they dissolve the town and be absorbed by a neighboring municipality.

That's the thing - there really isn't one. It's also interesting that the story says "some of them" relocated to the Branson West PD. Branson West has a population of 400 people - it's a wide spot in the road. We didn't even see a gas station when we rolled through their "main street". I find it hard to believe they need more cops.

Here's the story from the Branson newspaper with a lot more information:

And here's the Kimberling City FB page:

Now I'm all nosy about what's really going on....

black dog

Free America
Okay, so a small berg looses their PD. Doesn't the county SD automatically pickup LE duties?

They do here, we are at the north end of the county. And from no presents 12 years ago to 2 deputys one each shift helping cover our city and the few miles of rural till the county line.
We were down around 4 officers a few years ago the the Sheriff kicked up the missing leo.
Not often but occasionally we will have a State Trooper around for a few days.

UglyBear

Okay, so a small berg looses their PD. Doesn't the county SD automatically pickup LE duties?
When stuff like this happens, i.e. a sudden drop in local LE personnel, do Sheriffs still deputize local people in good standing with the community until they can hire more deputies?
Or in this age of anti-LE lawsuits that would be opening a can of worms?

black dog

Free America
When stuff like this happens, i.e. a sudden drop in local LE personnel, do Sheriffs still deputize local people in good standing with the community until they can hire more deputies?
Or in this age of anti-LE lawsuits that would be opening a can of worms?

One out here can become a reserve officer with many departments. They work xx hours a month to keep the privilege. For certain events like the county fair they will get paid. They get used for regular police work along with events, parades, processions and so fourth. They are covered under the departments umbrella like volunteers at the Fire Dept..