Stop APPs that hide phone numbers. Caller ID fraud.

Steve D.M.V.

Enough is enough with the ID callers apps that hide phone numbers. And they say the APPs are legal. I'm tired of these idiots calling using someone elses number or mine to hide their own. It's Called ID Fraud. I'm frustrated. Why isn't anything being done?

CPUSA

Enough is enough with the ID callers apps that hide phone numbers. And they say the APPs are legal. I'm tired of these idiots calling using someone elses number or mine to hide their own. It's Called ID Fraud. I'm frustrated. Why isn't anything being done?
Have you considered answering the phone with an air horn?

DaSDGuy

No land line to worry about. Set my Android on Do Not Disturb but allow calls from known contacts. The phone doesn't ring with spam anymore. Every now and then I notice a missed call from a spammer but the phone didn't ring. I block that number and don't get anymore from them.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I very rarely answer calls if I do not recognize the caller ID info, but I will run the phone number through an online search.
If I do, it is something like: "Good day, thank you for calling Catamount Grange Heathen Temple, Elder Stafngrimr here."

OrneryPest

lower life form
Answer them: "Thank you for volunteering to be the Oblation of Honor at our upcoming mystic ritual of human sacrifice to Zorb the Sacred Crocodile." And then laugh as they go into a panic to hang up.

inquiryjv

I completely understand your frustration, FettZilla. Caller ID fraud can be incredibly annoying and even concerning. While some apps claim to be legal, they can certainly be misused for fraudulent purposes.
To protect yourself from such situations, it's essential to stay vigilant and cautious. In some cases, using resources like quackr.io can help you generate temporary phone numbers for verification purposes or online interactions, keeping your personal number secure.
While it's frustrating that these issues still persist, raising awareness and taking steps to safeguard your information can go a long way in minimizing the impact of caller ID fraud.