Storage Facilities

designerxboi

Hey Hey People, does anyone know of any good storage facilities that are relatively inexpensive, clean, dry and secure! My room is overrun with my collection stuff so I need to make space.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
If you're gonna stick it in storage, why not just trash it or donate it to goodwill vs. paying for it to sit untouched/unused somewhere? :confused:

and ps ... leave nomoney alone, will ya? :duh:

CMC122

Go Braves!
Originally posted by crabcake
If you're gonna stick it in storage, why not just trash it or donate it to goodwill vs. paying for it to sit untouched/unused somewhere? :confused:

:yeahthat: Storage is expensive.

designerxboi

"with my collection stuff" My doll collection, I need to get them out of my room. I'm not botherin nomoney, I havent talked to her in like 2 weeks.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Originally posted by designerxboi
"with my collection stuff" My doll collection, I need to get them out of my room.

maybe it's just me ... but why would you collect something (pay for it once) to stick it in a storage facility (continue paying for it)? :confused:

even if it appreciates in value, will it appreciate soooo much that it exceeds the orginal cost of the item AND the monthly expense of a storage facility? :shrug:

just food for thought. :wink:

SamSpade

There's a place on 235 down towards Gate 1 across the road from Veridian that I used, it was the cheapest place I've ever seen, and they give you the second month free.

designerxboi

maybe it's just me ... but why would you collect something (pay for it once) to stick it in a storage facility (continue paying for it)? :confused:

even if it appreciates in value, will it appreciate soooo much that it exceeds the orginal cost of the item AND the monthly expense of a storage facility? :shrug:

just food for thought. :wink:

That makes sense, but;

I dont own a home, so I have no place to store them other than my bedroom. Ok, this is what I do it might sound obsessive; I wrap the dolls in bubble wrap, put them together by series and put them into a cardboard box. Tape the box up obsessively and bag the box into a garbage bag. I have the entire Xena doll collection as of last week so since they are already in the cardboard boxes and bubble wrap, I'm going to crate them soon. I dont collect for value or money or anything. I collect for nostalgia and just, in general what I like.

I think a storage building is a good idea until I get to either build or buy. I dont need the biggest shed out there, just something big enough for what I have.

designerxboi

Originally posted by SamSpade
There's a place on 235 down towards Gate 1 across the road from Veridian that I used, it was the cheapest place I've ever seen, and they give you the second month free.

Thanks I'll check them out. Are they pretty secure/safe?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
We have a storage unit at the one off of St. Andrew's Church Road on Indian Bridge Road called Self-Storage Zone. They seem pretty secure and were cheaper than others we looked at. They even have climate-controlled storage if you're completely obsessed. :lol:

Here's their web site: http://www.selfstoragezone.com/stmarys.htm

designerxboi

Originally posted by jazz lady
We have a storage unit at the one off of St. Andrew's Church Road on Indian Bridge Road called Self-Storage Zone. They seem pretty secure and were cheaper than others we looked at. They even have climate-controlled storage if you're completely obsessed. :lol:

Here's their web site: http://www.selfstoragezone.com/stmarys.htm

Climate Controlled sounds like a plus. I'll look @ them too! Thanks people for the ideas!!! and thanks to you too Crabcake for the giggles :)

Going home for the day, later people!!!

designerxboi

Prices!!!

I had no idea how expensive it was to rent storage!! The cheapest of the places I went was $55 for a 5 by 5. I thought it was around $20 - $30. I'll just keep everything in my room.

SamSpade

Re: Prices!!!

I had no idea how expensive it was to rent storage!! The cheapest of the places I went was $55 for a 5 by 5. I thought it was around $20 - $30. I'll just keep everything in my room.

I can't recall it being that cheap at any time in my lifetime. The cheapest I ever got was about ten years ago, I got a 10 by 5 climate controlled for about 50 bucks a month, paid IN PERSON. Damn I hated that.

I can't remember the name of the place I used, but it's across from Veridian, behind the licencing place, near the gas station, and where the rentals are (because they rent trucks, too). It's pretty much a one person operation. I only needed it for two months, so I got the largest place I could get and since they give the second month free, I essentially got it for half price. I got the biggest place they had for about a hundred bucks. And I FILLED the thing.

CMC122

Go Braves!
It would have made more sense to not bother checking it out for myself I guess. I should have listened to you in the first place, what was I thinking?
I didn'y say go Don't go check it out did I:rolleyes:

You said
I had no idea how expensive it was to rent storage!!

I was just pointing out to you that it was mentioned:shrug: