Stories for women

lillyst

:crazy:

I have a compilation of stories that I have written that talk about sex, life after children, growing up in the technological age...lots of different topics.
Most of the stories are little short stories. So, rather than making it a book I thought maybe I would freelance out to some magazines, or newspapers that have subjects like family, love, romance...etc.

But, I'm stumped as to how to do this.

Any suggestions?

Rosehaven

here's how

Have a friend read the words and make sure everything is spelled correctly. Then, put one on this web site and let people get a taste of who you are (you know what I mean...). That will start some drumbeat to read more. Don't try to get it published--that's a nasty business. My vote is the Internet will take you to where you want to go.

First, right here, do a paragraph on who you are and why the words have been written. Do you see something wrong right now or is this something from inside that will provide an answer to the many looking?

lillyst

Have a friend read the words and make sure everything is spelled correctly. Then, put one on this web site and let people get a taste of who you are (you know what I mean...). That will start some drumbeat to read more. Don't try to get it published--that's a nasty business. My vote is the Internet will take you to where you want to go.

First, right here, do a paragraph on who you are and why the words have been written. Do you see something wrong right now or is this something from inside that will provide an answer to the many looking?[/QUOTE]

This last part is confusing me. What do you mean by this? I understand the part about providing an answer, its the first part thats got me.

No, the gist of the stories is humor and to let women know that these things happen to all of us.

Rosehaven

Oh man..

Are you writing because you see something wrong OUTSIDE or are you writing because of something INSIDE that needs to be told?

Don't think too much. That's the best advice I can offer.

H

HouseCat

If I were you, I wouldn't post anything on the internet if you don't want someone else stealing it.