Strange.

Ever since they told mr I had diabetes, pretty low level, I have been craving sugar. They have donuts at work on Mon and Thus. never touched them before. NoW I do. I bought apple somethings, crumpets? for breakfast and already ate a half one.

What is it? Death wish or just enjoy living on the edge, maybe proving them wrong too.?

ocean733

Ever since they told mr I had diabetes, pretty low level, I have been craving sugar. They have donuts a work on Mon and Thus. never touched them before. NoW I do. I bought apple somethings, crumpets? for breakfast and already ate a half one.

What is it? Death wish or just enjoy living on the edge, maybe proving them wrong too.?
Don't want what you got, until it's gone!!!:drummer:

Last edited:

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
Sugar does not a diabetic make.... or something like that. It's the bread/bun that'll get ya!

I've been through the same thing. My blood sugars are normal but slightly higher than 2 years ago. 'k. and?

Anyway been sticking my fingers for a few months and noticed that carbs get me everytime. And she (nutritionist) is pushing me to eat more?! I go atkins on one meal and the sugars drop like a stone. These people are whacked!

Sugar does not a diabetic make.... or something like that. It's the bread/bun that'll get ya!

I've been through the same thing. My blood sugars are normal but slightly higher than 2 years ago. 'k. and?

Anyway been sticking my fingers for a few months and noticed that carbs get me everytime. And she (nutritionist) is pushing me to eat more?! I go atkins on one meal and the sugars drop like a stone. These people are whacked!

I've been sticking myself too. It's interesting now. I don't see much relation to anything, but have been warned on carbs which I don't eat many of anyway.

ocean733

I've been sticking myself too. It's interesting now. I don't see much relation to anything, but have been warned on carbs which I don't eat many of anyway.

There are a lot of foods that you wouldn't even know are actually full of carbs/sugar. I could get a list of them from my mother, if you want. She was late-life onset and has been studying for her diet since.

She enjoys cooking and food. I think I might be able to help you with some ideas via her new recipes/ideas of the dishes that you might want, but can't have the "real" thing.. :howdy:

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Oranges are the only things that make my sugar spike which kind of pisses me off because I love clementines (usually eat half a dozen each time).

ocean733

They don't effect me, every morning I have a banana and oatmeal.

Really? My mom would be jealous.

Maybe it's the blood sugar level to begin with. I know my mother loves bananas, but says that they are so full of sugar and that she was advised to have none.

ocean733

Really? My mom would be jealous.

Maybe it's the blood sugar level to begin with. I know my mother loves bananas, but says that they are so full of sugar and that she was advised to have none.

My mom makes Banana bread for me. I don't even like it. She knows that. I think she's baking it so that she can not "waste" what she gave to me. :whistle:

Last edited:
There are a lot of foods that you wouldn't even know are actually full of carbs/sugar. I could get a list of them from my mother, if you want. She was late-life onset and has been studying for her diet since.

She enjoys cooking and food. I think I might be able to help you with some ideas via her new recipes/ideas of the dishes that you might want, but can't have the "real" thing.. :howdy:

Well, I'm pretty sure apple fritters are good for both. :killingme

Oranges are the only things that make my sugar spike which kind of pisses me off because I love clementines (usually eat half a dozen each time).

Crud I just got a dozen of those from a bud in FL. Time to set a new record sugar high!
I'll let you know if they get me too.

Bananas are a :nono: too!

Well, heck, I eat one of those per day too. I forget why. Dr. said good for potassium, which I am not sure why I need. BP maybe? Or to counter the effects of BP meds maybe.

ocean733

Crud I just got a dozen of those from a bud in FL. Time to set a new record sugar high!

Well, heck, I eat one of those per day too. I forget why. Dr. said good for potassium, which I am not sure why I need. BP maybe? Or to counter the effects of BP meds maybe.

I'm sure that I'm confusing "Hypo" vs. "Hyper" and you are about to kill me!! :lmao: Don't ever listen to me, unless I'm talking about the brain/cognition!

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

2 clementines have me at 300+ in about minutes.

I'm sure that I'm confusing "Hypo" vs. "Hyper" and you are about to kill me!! :lmao: Don't ever listen to me, unless I'm talking about the brain/cognition!

Nope, I might have confused you with my sarcastic use of the word "good"
Mine is high, not by much, tho. From What I understand low will kill ya quick. High just ruins your kidneys or some thing. Then you die slower. I know one guy, pretty young too, who wears some little machine that moniters him cosntantly and shoots in insuline when needed. He's doing Great! One of the happiest, nicest guys you'd ever meet. Makes me wonder if that is really insuline.:killingme

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
glycemic index chart

Some carbs are bad and some are good, it all depends on their glycemic index ratings (or how fast your body converts them into sugar).

This site has a good explanation and a link at the bottom that leads to a fairly comprehensive listing of foods (there are three numbers for bananas, depending on the degree of ripeness, which was very interesting but makes sense when you think about it).

The Glycemic Index Chart | LIVESTRONG.COM