Straw bales ?

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
Hi everyone !

Where is the best ( cheapest ) place in St Marys County to buy bales of straw ? I bought them last year from the Greenery but they were a bit pricey ... Thanks in advance for any info .

rere498

I buy mine from the amish in loveville just below the mva across from the nursey
Hi everyone !

Where is the best ( cheapest ) place in St Marys County to buy bales of straw ? I bought them last year from the Greenery but they were a bit pricey ... Thanks in advance for any info .

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Straw or Hay? I buy my bails of hay in Callaway at a farm close to the intersection of Rt 5 (Point Lookout Rd) and Piney Point Road (shell station on the corner). When you turn onto Piney Point Road it's the 5th driveway (4th house) on the left! Great to deal with! :coffee:

Rane

Lookin for Margaritaville
Straw or Hay? I buy my bails of hay in Callaway at a farm close to the intersection of Rt 5 (Point Lookout Rd) and Piney Point Road (shell station on the corner). When you turn onto Piney Point Road it's the 5th driveway (4th house) on the left! Great to deal with! :coffee:

Chernmax, do you use yours for mulching your garden ? thats what I want to do , it worked great last year, really cut down on the weeds ... but I have heard that straw is better than hay because hay has seeds that will create more weeds ... what is your experience with the hay ? How much does the hay cost ?

Rere498 ... how much do the Amish charge ? is it hay or straw that you buy ? I want to go get it on Monday ...

Thank you both for the info ;)