Strawberrygirl

Wants to get her kids into fishing. They are young. I tried a couple times but things came up. She could use tips and locations. Shes close to St Marys lake which is some pretty easy blue gill fishing. Good start for kids. Give ger some pointers guys. They got one today, something anyway.

D

dems4me

Wants to get her kids into fishing. They are young. I tried a couple times but things came up. She could use tips and locations. Shes close to St Marys lake which is some pretty easy blue gill fishing. Good start for kids. Give ger some pointers guys. They got one today, something anyway.

SG, I'd recommend bobber fishing for kids or a bottom rig but definately a bobber for starters!! There's a place up near Bryans Road called Bumpy Oak! You are almost always guaranteed some fish from there or I've been Hughsville pond and have gotten blue gills and bass from there... I use bobbers lately. I've grown to be a lazy fisher person. :lol: Bobbers are the white and red balls that float on the water and has a hook on the bottom. :yay: Good luck!! :clap:

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
SG, I'd recommend bobber fishing for kids or a bottom rig but definately a bobber for starters!! There's a place up near Bryans Road called Bumpy Oak! You are almost always guaranteed some fish from there or I've been Hughsville pond and have gotten blue gills and bass from there... I use bobbers lately. I've grown to be a lazy fisher person. :lol: Bobbers are the white and red balls that float on the water and has a hook on the bottom. :yay: Good luck!! :clap:

We have bobbers on our fishing rods. Like Desertrat said, we need pointers and help. I know nothing about fishing, and I hooked my first worm today. They were too icky that I kept dropping it. I need to learn to stop being too girlish and be brave to hook those nasty worms. :lol:

I caught 3 small fish, and sent two back into water. Third one ate the hook all the way down deep and it died. :frown:

If you would like for us to meet up with you to go fishing, we would love it, Dems! :buddies:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
We have bobbers on our fishing rods. Like Desertrat said, we need pointers and help. I know nothing about fishing, and I hooked my first worm today. They were too icky that I kept dropping it. I need to learn to stop being too girlish and be brave to hook those nasty worms. :lol:

I caught 3 small fish, and sent two back into water. Third one ate the hook all the way down deep and it died. :frown:

If you would like for us to meet up with you to go fishing, we would love it, Dems! :buddies:

Sounds like you and the kids are doing a great job.
:yay: Good on ya.

Wenchy

Hot Flash

Do not let the gut eater (fish who ate the hook) go to waste. Cut out the eyeballs and use other parts of it for bait.

Save the worm!

I caught more fish with eyeballs than anything else.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Do not let the gut eater (fish who ate the hook) go to waste. Cut out the eyeballs and use other parts of it for bait.

Save the worm!

Poor Dutch.............
He has his hands full.

Not bad for your first attempt. Get the guys some experience on using the rods and reels ( back yard), setting the hook, and baiting their own. I commend you!:buddies:

PrepH4U

IMO the worms and taking the fish off the hook are the yuckiest part of fishing. So what you do is buy some wet ones in a pouch and put that in your tackle box. OR put a soapy washcloth in a ziplock back with some water. I can't stand dried worm guts (poop) on my hands! :lol:
There are some cool hook removers that you shove down the fish's mouth to get them out without risking getting bitten. Just step on the little critters to hold them down and shove the magic wand down his throat and they are all ready for the stringer to violate them. Fishing is an awesome way to relax, just get all the handy tools to make it easier, just in case you actually catch some. Or you can fish with artificial bait also, I like the plastic worms. The fish don't really care for them but who wants to be interupted when you are just enjoying the weather and chilling. :lol:

Dukesdad

grasshoppers or crickets make great bait. Plenty of action on the hook and the fish love them. Send the kids out to catch them; it'l wear them down so they aren't spastic at the lake...

Sparx

grasshoppers or crickets make great bait. Plenty of action on the hook and the fish love them. Send the kids out to catch them; it'l wear them down so they aren't spastic at the lake...

:yeahthat: And, you can teach them to catch night crawlers once they develop a little patience.

Sherlock

Casserhole!

I'll teach you how to fish, I have a big pole that is great for fish around here.

hooknline

St Marys lake is good for artificial lures from walmart or kmart and you won't have to mess with worms. this time of year a top rig does pretty good like hula popper or any rig that floats. cast it near shade or undergrowth under water and very slowly work it like it is a wounded insect swimmming on top of water. bass attack waiting to happen. your kids will probably go ape chit over their first big bass.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Sounds like you and the kids are doing a great job.
:yay: Good on ya.

Thanks! :howdy:

Save the worm!

A little too late, but I will remember for next time to save the fish that died while trying to get the hook out as a bait. Good tip! :buddies:

Poor Dutch.............
He has his hands full.

He's a man and can handle it. :buddies:

Not bad for your first attempt. Get the guys some experience on using the rods and reels ( back yard), setting the hook, and baiting their own. I commend you!:buddies:

That's a good idea! We'll practice in my huge backyard. Thanks for an idea!

IMO the worms and taking the fish off the hook are the yuckiest part of fishing. So what you do is buy some wet ones in a pouch and put that in your tackle box. OR put a soapy washcloth in a ziplock back with some water. I can't stand dried worm guts (poop) on my hands!
There are some cool hook removers that you shove down the fish's mouth to get them out without risking getting bitten. Just step on the little critters to hold them down and shove the magic wand down his throat and they are all ready for the stringer to violate them. Fishing is an awesome way to relax, just get all the handy tools to make it easier, just in case you actually catch some. Or you can fish with artificial bait also, I like the plastic worms. The fish don't really care for them but who wants to be interupted when you are just enjoying the weather and chilling.

I agree that hooking the worms and taking the fish off the hook are the yuckiest part of the fishing! :lol:

We have those "cool hook removers".

Thanks for the tips!

Thanks for tip! I will try my best to get my boys to catch the grasshoppers/crickets in our backyard.

:yeahthat: And, you can teach them to catch night crawlers once they develop a little patience.

Will do!

I'll teach you how to fish, I have a big pole that is great for fish around here.

Why this sounds like you're hitting on me and it sounds so dirty? :lmao:

St Marys lake is good for artificial lures from walmart or kmart and you won't have to mess with worms. this time of year a top rig does pretty good like hula popper or any rig that floats. cast it near shade or undergrowth under water and very slowly work it like it is a wounded insect swimmming on top of water. bass attack waiting to happen. your kids will probably go ape chit over their first big bass.

Okay, and thanks for your help! :buddies:

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
YAY FOR STRAWBERRYGAL!!! :clap: Way to go you hott fishin momma you!

Once your kiddos learn a little patience, take a trip to the bay and take them crabbing! Tie a chicken neck to the end of a string and chuck the neck out into the bay. Slowly drag the neck back to the surface. There most likely will be a crab hanging on for dear life... just scoop them up with a net before bringing the neck and crab completely to the surface. :yay:

Awesome fun for the kids :biggrin:

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
YAY FOR STRAWBERRYGAL!!! :clap: Way to go you hott fishin momma you!

Once your kiddos learn a little patience, take a trip to the bay and take them crabbing! Tie a chicken neck to the end of a string and chuck the neck out into the bay. Slowly drag the neck back to the surface. There most likely will be a crab hanging on for dear life... just scoop them up with a net before bringing the neck and crab completely to the surface. :yay:

Awesome fun for the kids :biggrin:

Thanks! We'll do that too when they are a little older. It is fun to go fishing and crabbing.

:gossip: I've never caught a fish without eyeballs?

:roflmao:

:killingme

One is kinda young for that.

Thanks! We'll do that too when they are a little older. It is fun to go fishing and crabbing.

:killingme

Yep.