Stray black lab update

tipsymcgee

No takers on the internet, post office or shelter postings we made regarding this stray black lab found last week in Bushwood. We have not had him checked for a chip yet but will be doing so hopefully this evening.

I have contacted a black lab rescue but they won't do anything until after 10 days. This is a nice, healthy, fairly young, somewhat trained female black lab, possible mix. Not sure if she is fixed or not. Will sit and come when out walking/running, and will give you paw most of the time. Do not know as far as crate or house training as we have two other inside dogs and a 1-yo baby. Only negative I have seen is we bought a harness to walk her with and she chewed it off overnight. May have pictures later today.

If any rescues have space or are interested, please let me know. Seems like an easy adoptable dog. We can foster for the time being but don't want to have to keep her outside come July and August.

tipsymcgee

Maybe she'll run back to the middle of the road where I found her full of ticks. Mind yours.

Last edited:

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
No takers on the internet, post office or shelter postings we made regarding this stray black lab found last week in Bushwood. We have not had him checked for a chip yet but will be doing so hopefully this evening.

I have contacted a black lab rescue but they won't do anything until after 10 days. This is a nice, healthy, fairly young, somewhat trained female black lab, possible mix. Not sure if she is fixed or not. Will sit and come when out walking/running, and will give you paw most of the time. Do not know as far as crate or house training as we have two other inside dogs and a 1-yo baby. Only negative I have seen is we bought a harness to walk her with and she chewed it off overnight. May have pictures later today.

If any rescues have space or are interested, please let me know. Seems like an easy adoptable dog. We can foster for the time being but don't want to have to keep her outside come July and August.

How well does she get along with your other dogs? And where is she at currently (I know shes at home, but what town/area?)?

tipsymcgee

Seems very playful and good mannered. Have not had my dogs off leash alone with her, they are a little smaller and she is very playful. She's still in Bushwood.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
Seems very playful and good mannered. Have not had my dogs off leash alone with her, they are a little smaller and she is very playful. She's still in Bushwood.

How big is she? I am curious about her in the sense that I have a 5 year old Lab that needs a playmate. I had renters (family) where someone was always around and now that they have moved on my dog needs a buddy. Let me know if you would be interested in exploring this route with me concerning her.

tipsymcgee

We turned the dog over to someone who does rescue who was willing to foster her. Turns out they are keeping her after finding out what a great dog she is. She was already housetrained.

tes218

We turned the dog over to someone who does rescue who was willing to foster her. Turns out they are keeping her after finding out what a great dog she is. She was already housetrained.

:yay:Glad she has found a home! Thanks for taking care of her.