Stressful Jobs That Pay Badly

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
:biggrin: I think I will, thanks for the advice. I think we need a new category for the forums. We should call it "Ask Malice". :lmao:

You won't have to, if she has an opinion you'll get it whether you like it or not! That's what community forums are for :coffee: Oh and she's far from lonely... :dye:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
You won't have to, if she has an opinion you'll get it whether you like it or not! That's what community forums are for :coffee: Oh and she's far from lonely... :dye:

Funny how people think that if you don't like them,, disagree with them, think they're an idiot, that you don't like anyone, and must not have friends.

S

shagger

Funny how people think that if you don't like them,, disagree with them, think they're an idiot, that you don't like anyone, and must not have friends.

Oh you have lots of friends! :smoochy:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
1. Social Worker
2. Special Events Coordinator
3. Probation/Parole Officer
4. News Reporter
5. Music Ministry Director
6. Membership Manager
7. Fundraiser
8. Commercial Photographer
9. Assisted Living Director

stressful-jobs-that-pay-badly: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

Yeah I would def give social worker #1..because not only is it stressful, and the pay lousy, but it also requires a master's degree for most positions..that is a lot of education to make so little. I always wanted to do that..but who can afford school and loans starting out making 28-32 a year?

I dont get the music ministry director thing...hyms are stressful? And isn't that sometimes a volunteer position? or am I thinking of something else?

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I was looking for community activist, but the pollsters probably couldn't get any of them to admit to what they really make.
Probably wouldn't make a difference as many 'activists' get so much in kickbacks it would not be remotely representative of what they claim.

Toxick

Splat
Yeah I would def give social worker #1..because not only is it stressful, and the pay lousy, but it also requires a master's degree for most positions..that is a lot of education to make so little. I always wanted to do that..but who can afford school and loans starting out making 28-32 a year?

I dont get the music ministry director thing...hyms are stressful? And isn't that sometimes a volunteer position? or am I thinking of something else?

Teacher didn't make the list, but Music Ministry Director did? I can see how going through your Hymn list would wear on someone more than dealing with hundreds of apathetic, ungrateful and hostile teenagers would.

Soldiers/Sailors didn't make the cut, but: Membership Manager? Fundraiser? They're in? These jobs shouldn't even exist. Their job is to bother people trying to eat dinner and get their kids bathed and ready for bed, or otherwise minding their own business. F 'em.

Commercial Photographer? I can't see where the stress is with this one. Point-click-NEXT. I love good photography, but this job seems almost mellow to me.

With a some exceptions, this list is mostly bull####, IMHO.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
you know...I look at this again...1,3,and 9 (maybe) I get...but the others really make no sense...

what about teacher, home health aide, counselor, stuff like that..who wrote this list? weird.

foodcritic

No Police officer

How can we have the list w/o the popo?

1) Bad pay
2) Insulted verbally
3) Criticism from every angle(dammed if you do or don't)
4) Threat of law suits for working and doing your job.

5) assaulted (spit at , pucnched, shot at etc..)
6) Playing social worker to dysfunctional families.
7) Having to tell someone their loved one is dead.
8) Trying to take names at an accident with dead people lying around.
9) living with the images of the above in your head.

I can probably come up with more.

:faint:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
you know...I look at this again...1,3,and 9 (maybe) I get...but the others really make no sense...

what about teacher, home health aide, counselor, stuff like that..who wrote this list? weird.

I can probably come up with 30 or 40 just in the health care field..

Pediatric Oncology.. Hospice.. ICU and all the jobs they entail..

ANY (well, except maybe the Air Force) military recruiter.