String test

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
mingiz said:
Was is the formula to do a string test? :howdy:

The way I do it...(right or wrong) seems to work. :yay:

Once they are 1yr old or older, measure from the front part of the coronet band on the hoof right where the hoofwall meets hair, and pull a string straight up to the center of the horses knee (where the dip is in the middle of the joint). That measurement will co-incide with the horses final height. So if the measurement is 15 and 3/4 inches, the horse will be 15'3 99% of the time. Its pretty cool....hope it works for you! AND stop by if you want to see pictures :howdy:

mingiz

Horse Poor
appendixqh said:
The way I do it...(right or wrong) seems to work. :yay:

Once they are 1yr old or older, measure from the front part of the coronet band on the hoof right where the hoofwall meets hair, and pull a string straight up to the center of the horses knee (where the dip is in the middle of the joint). That measurement will co-incide with the horses final height. So if the measurement is 15 and 3/4 inches, the horse will be 15'3 99% of the time. Its pretty cool....hope it works for you! AND stop by if you want to see pictures :howdy:

Thanks Some how I figured you'd be the on to respond first... :lmao: :killingme I will later when I get a chance... :popcorn:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Elbow to egart (?) then swap the string holding where you got the egart measurement and flip upwards this is where the withers will finish up.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Pasofever said:
Elbow to egart (?) then swap the string holding where you got the egart measurement and flip upwards this is where the withers will finish up.

TYVM :huggy: