Stuffed or Naked?

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
stuffed!

Cooking the stuffing on the side loses all the flavor!! I never could figure out why people would even bother to do this!!

And for those of you who do 'stuff' try this-I have been doing it for years.

buy a reynolds baking bag-leave it folded and cut lots of slits in it (not too large a hole or the stuffing will come out). Open it and put it in the cavity of your bird. Insert stuffing-seal shut with tie that comes with bag. Leave the excess bag sticking out of bird. Bake bird. When ready to serve pull on the end of the bag and remove stuffing. voila- no mess left in bird and you have the turkey flavors in the stuffing!!

And I make a awesome cornbread/veggie stuffing......... hmmmmmmm can't wait till next week!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Suz' said:
stuffed!

Cooking the stuffing on the side loses all the flavor!! I never could figure out why people would even bother to do this!!

buy a reynolds baking bag-leave it folded and cut lots of slits in it (not too large a hole or the stuffing will come out). Open it and put it in the cavity of your bird. Insert stuffing-seal shut with tie that comes with bag. Leave the excess bag sticking out of bird. Bake bird. When ready to serve pull on the end of the bag and remove stuffing. voila- no mess left in bird and you have the turkey flavors in the stuffing!!

And I make a awesome cornbread/veggie stuffing......... hmmmmmmm can't wait till next week!
This is a great idea! I'm going to try that this year!!
Anywhere to buy milk fed turkeys around here? Gadows on the shore sells them....MMMMM best birds on the planet.

Agee

happyappygirl said:
This is a great idea! I'm going to try that this year!!
Anywhere to buy milk fed turkeys around here? Gadows on the shore sells them....MMMMM best birds on the planet.

Not sure about being "milk fed" but there is a amish farm up in Loveville that sells fresh turkeys. They dress them out for you. About as close to fresh as you can get.

kelleymauck

mind freak
Suz' said:
stuffed!

buy a reynolds baking bag-leave it folded and cut lots of slits in it (not too large a hole or the stuffing will come out). Open it and put it in the cavity of your bird. Insert stuffing-seal shut with tie that comes with bag. Leave the excess bag sticking out of bird. Bake bird. When ready to serve pull on the end of bag and remove stuffing.

My grandmother does it this way and it's very yummy!! can't wait for turkey day either. :yum: :yum: