Stupid deer.

Crossed in front of me maybe 50 yds ahead going to my left, I slowed and started scanning right and left really expecting to see another coming from the right. Next thing I knew BAM! Drivers side door. I saw his face about 1/2 second before he got me. Nice buck. 8-10 points, but not real big body. He is fine. Ran off and crossed again in front of a guy that had gone on by me.
Now, can I paint a deer on the side of my truck or does he have to die? Does he paint a truck on his side? Do we shake and make up over a beer?

Did he dent your truck?

Yep, good sized dent in the front door, can only get window down 1/3 of the way and he must have gotten spun and hit the back door with his rump. Smaller dent there. I think his head hit the mirror because it flipped back. I think that must have deflected it enough so that he didn't hit the window.
Still seems like his antler would have hit it. I need to go look for little marks to see now that the sun is coming up.

Stupid deer is right, sounds like he didn't cross where there was a deer crossing sign.:whistle:

I know, right? The whole base is a deer crossing. You never know where the heck they will show up.

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
That's what I thought.

Had a guy hit one on his Harley Friday night down Wynne Rd. Deer caught him on the gas tank. Luckily, he saw the deer and was in the process of laying it down and it just stepped on the tank while he put it down. Would've been nasty otherwise.

Well, you said you wanted a new truck anyway, right? :biggrin:

Glad it wasn't more serious.

I've only gotten one, and it was a rental van. Both lost that battle. :dead:

sm8

Hubby had a truck (little black ford ranger) and that truck was one deer killing machine. It was his fathers truck and his father had killed 19 deer with it. We had a run of bad luck with it, some one broke out the back window and luckily insurance paid to have it fixed less than a week after it was fixed hubby bumped it while loading the four-wheeler and broke it again. Had safelite come back out and the window guy just laughed and said that was his fastest return call. Less than a week later hubby hit a deer with it and four-wheeler went thru the back window again. Insurance called safelite out for an estimate. Guy assumed it was for the job he completed the week before but stopped by to drop off paper and laughed at me so hard he barely made it back to his truck. Needless to say we made quick friends with the glass guy and now he does all of our work, As for the truck it was finally totalled. :-/ I miss that truck.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Stupid deer is right, sounds like he didn't cross where there was a deer crossing sign.:whistle:

I wonder if there are secret signs in the woods along roadways that deer can see to warn of cars crossing ahead......

Desert, if you are going to make an insurance claim... please take any pics of any traces of deer fur you may find on your vehicle. Even if it is but one or two hairs. It will give you proof it was a deer that did the damage and not some drunken beer brawl of body slamming or other event. I actually know someone why couldn't get a claim covered because there was no trace of a deer to back up her claim that a deer did the damage.

Desert, if you are going to make an insurance claim... please take any pics of any traces of deer fur you may find on your vehicle. Even if it is but one or two hairs. It will give you proof it was a deer that did the damage and not some drunken beer brawl of body slamming or other event. I actually know someone why couldn't get a claim covered because there was no trace of a deer to back up her claim that a deer did the damage.

Already got pix, no hair that I can see. Filed a report with the base cops. Turned out to be the same guy that had to shoot a fawn that someone I work with had injured a couple months ago.
Damage is worse than I thought. Front door, rear half-door, back of the cab right behind the door and a long shallow dent in the bed. Front door only opens from the inside and window won't roll down. This will be fun for a while.

Already got pix, no hair that I can see. Filed a report with the base cops. Turned out to be the same guy that had to shoot a fawn that someone I work with had injured a couple months ago.
Damage is worse than I thought. Front door, rear half-door, back of the cab right behind the door and a long shallow dent in the bed. Front door only opens from the inside and window won't roll down. This will be fun for a while.

Can you blame the broken seat on this and get that fixed too? :whistle:

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie

Good point! Hitting an animal (or getting hit by one, lol) is a non fault comprehensive claim. Better to have a comprehensive claim than a collision claim. I'm just waiting for the deer hits to start again on my road. Deer everywhere but people still fly on a 40mph road.

Crossed in front of me maybe 50 yds ahead going to my left, I slowed and started scanning right and left really expecting to see another coming from the right. Next thing I knew BAM! Drivers side door. I saw his face about 1/2 second before he got me. Nice buck. 8-10 points, but not real big body. He is fine. Ran off and crossed again in front of a guy that had gone on by me.
Now, can I paint a deer on the side of my truck or does he have to die? Does he paint a truck on his side? Do we shake and make up over a beer?

Pix

Attachments

• IMG_0149.JPG
    IMG_0149.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 108