Stye in the Eye

J

jaybeeztoo

Need a recommendation for a doctor to remove a stye. This stye has lingered for at least a month and despite the medication it has grown larger and almost looks like a tumor the size of a pea. It is very uncomfortable and is causing vision problems.

Anyone experience this before or know of a good doctor that one could get in quick with and have it removed?

If you have had one removed, what is involved? Do they knock you out? Is it knife or laser?

Needs to be tended to ASAP!!

TIA!!

signora

Need a recommendation for a doctor to remove a stye. This stye has lingered for at least a month and despite the medication it has grown larger and almost looks like a tumor the size of a pea. It is very uncomfortable and is causing vision problems.

Anyone experience this before or know of a good doctor that one could get in quick with and have it removed?

If you have had one removed, what is involved? Do they knock you out? Is it knife or laser?

Needs to be tended to ASAP!!

TIA!!

Did you go to a eye doctor who prescribed the medication your using or just taking over the counter meds? If you didn't go to a eye doctor - you should just to get it checked and where you may need a prescription antibiotic eye drops. (I'm new to the area so not familiar w/any of the eye doctor's to recommend one). Have you tried applying warm compresses to your eye.

Last edited:
J

jaybeeztoo

Did you go to a eye doctor who prescribed the medication your using or just taking over the counter meds? If you didn't go to a eye doctor - you should just to get it checked and where you may need a prescription antibiotic eye drops. Too have you tried applying warm compresses to your eye.

It's not me....but, yes just using over the counter stuff...you know the stye medicine and eyedrops. Also, been applying heat compresses every night but it just keeps getting worse.

What doctor would you recommend to see? Do you go to a regular doctor, Pearl Vision or someone else? I have no clue. I've had styes before but they left after a week of OTC ointment. This one has lingered and grown so large and very painful and causing vision impairment.

:yikes:

signora

It's not me....but, yes just using over the counter stuff...you know the stye medicine and eyedrops. Also, been applying heat compresses every night but it just keeps getting worse.

What doctor would you recommend to see? Do you go to a regular doctor, Pearl Vision or someone else? I have no clue. I've had styes before but they left after a week of OTC ointment. This one has lingered and grown so large and very painful and causing vision impairment.

:yikes:

I'm new to the area so not familiar w/any of the doctors. If eye is getting worse and they don't know of an eye doctor to go to I would go to the family doctor to have them look at it and where they could at least prescribe antibiotics drops or cream to put on it. As for the compresses, they are not leaving heat on the eye are they? It should just be warm compresses and just apply for a little while about 3 - 4 times a day.

Last edited:
J

jaybeeztoo

I'm new to the area so not familiar w/any of the doctors. If eye is getting worse and they don't know of an eye doctor to go to I would go to the family doctor to have them look at it and where they could at least prescribe antibiotics drops or cream to put on it. As for the compresses, they are not leaving heat on the eye are they? It should just be warm compresses and just apply for a little while about 3 - 4 times a day.

He's been getting the compress as hot as he can and leaving it there until it cools down. He does this three or four times a day.

He has a "prescribed" medicine which contains steroids but even that is not working.

I just don't know where to send him. I would rather go to the source than through a regular doctor who refers elsewhere. This would all be paid by cash anyway, so we want the real doctor.

Anyone?

signora

He's been getting the compress as hot as he can and leaving it there until it cools down. He does this three or four times a day.

He has a "prescribed" medicine which contains steroids but even that is not working.

I just don't know where to send him. I would rather go to the source than through a regular doctor who refers elsewhere. This would all be paid by cash anyway, so we want the real doctor.

Anyone?

Sorry I can't help w/the doctor. But I would not recommend putting real hot heat on it - that could be what's making it worse.

J

jaybeeztoo

Sorry I can't help w/the doctor. But I would not recommend putting real hot heat on it - that could be what's making it worse.

Okay, now he says he hasn't used the real hot heat in at least a week. He's just putting warm water on his eyes. I guess he should go back to at least putting something warm on it. It seems to have gotten worse since he stopped the HOT compresses.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
If it's been there that long it may not be a stye.

It could be a blocked oil gland according to wiki.

A doctor can lance it, since either is basically a pimple. But doing it yourself is a bad idea because of how close it is to the eye.

Rose water or salt water, warm but NOT hot can make it come to a head faster..Tell him to wash his face with mild soap to keep it clean. Somthign liek Baby shampoo would work well.

Another treatment is to take 5 drops of goldenseal oil and mix is with warm water. This is like an antiseptic. The oil stains stuff so be careful if you use it.

For goodness sakes don't put your face near his or rub on him. Those things are contagious. I always know when someone has used my eyeliner because I get a stye every damn time.:frown:

boatdoctor

in the engine room
Dr. Clark in L-town by True Value behind Arbys treated one for me 2 years ago usually local anthesia (sp) then tiny incision to remove the white acne type material. Doxycyclene is usually the antibiotic to help clear it up plus hot compresses and lots of them. One word of advice GET IT TAKEN CARE OF ASAP it can permanently affect the vision and trust me I know HTH

J

jaybeeztoo

If it's been there that long it may not be a stye.

It could be a blocked oil gland according to wiki.

A doctor can lance it, since either is basically a pimple. But doing it yourself is a bad idea because of how close it is to the eye.

Rose water or salt water, warm but NOT hot can make it come to a head faster..Tell him to wash his face with mild soap to keep it clean. Somthign liek Baby shampoo would work well.

Another treatment is to take 5 drops of goldenseal oil and mix is with warm water. This is like an antiseptic. The oil stains stuff so be careful if you use it.

For goodness sakes don't put your face near his or rub on him. Those things are contagious. I always know when someone has used my eyeliner because I get a stye every damn time.:frown:

I'm sorry, what does lance mean? Pop? Ewww.

We are close, but we have been holding off the butterfly kisses. :lol:

J

jaybeeztoo

Dr. Clark in L-town by True Value behind Arbys treated one for me 2 years ago usually local anthesia (sp) then tiny incision to remove the white acne type material. Doxycyclene is usually the antibiotic to help clear it up plus hot compresses and lots of them. One word of advice GET IT TAKEN CARE OF ASAP it can permanently affect the vision and trust me I know HTH

Do you have his number?

How much pain did you feel after the procedure? What was the price? He doesn't have vision insurance so he will be paying cash.

He needs to get this done and I told him that a few weeks ago when it began to grow.

Thank you ALL for your help and advise. Keep it coming though.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Do you have his number?

How much pain did you feel after the procedure? What was the price? He doesn't have vision insurance so he will be paying cash.

He needs to get this done and I told him that a few weeks ago when it began to grow.

Thank you ALL for your help and advise. Keep it coming though.
It's not a vision condition, it's a medical condition. Medical insurance will cover it. I'd call Dr. Clark (and ophthalmologist, as opposed to an optometrist) and ask if he can treat a sty. If they say yes, make the appointment.

T

toppick08

Sorry to hear this jaybeeztoo...:huggy: My father used to get them all the time and all he ever did was buy OTC medication to rid the problem..........it usually took 2 weeks to clear up.

Nanny Pam

When I get them....which hasn't happened in a long time, I used to put some peroxide on a Q-Tip and dab it on the stye. Do this several times a day.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
I'm sorry, what does lance mean? Pop? Ewww.

We are close, but we have been holding off the butterfly kisses. :lol:

Worse. It meas to stick a needle in to to relieve the pressure and allow the pus to drain.

:barf:

Good luck with it..

Why don't you call the ER and ask a nurse if they will lance it?

C

czygvtwkr

Lahari in Leonardtown is the best around.

Styes are a symptom of diabetes, my dad got them all the time. Might want to get checked out for that.

calgirl

Mix warm water, not hot, with tear-free baby shampoo. Massage the stye three times a day. That has always seemed to work for my daughter. Sounds like this ones pretty far along though. Good luck!