Such A Gracious First Lady...

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
...we have in Laura Bush. She said some very classy things about Hillary and about Michelle.

About Hillary:
"Mrs. Bush said she's paying close attention to the 2008 election.

She said she admired the "grit and strength" that Hillary Rodham Clinton demonstrated in the Democratic Party's long, hard-fought primaries, but said she would want to see a Republican woman as president.

"Of course I want the woman to be a Republican woman," Mrs. Bush said. "But I will say, I have watched the campaign and I admired Hillary's grit and strength. I know what it's like to run those campaigns and so I'll have to say I have a lot of admiration for her endurance."

About Michelle:
"And she came to the defense of Barack Obama's wife, Michelle, who's been harshly criticized by Republicans for saying last February in a Wisconsin campaign appearance that for the first time in her adult life she's proud of the United States. Michelle Obama later clarified the remark, saying she had always been proud of her country.

"I think she probably meant 'I'm more proud,' you know, is what she really meant," Mrs. Bush said. "You have to be very careful in what you say. Everything you say is looked at and in many cases misconstrued."

I saw the soundbite of that last paragraph. She was very sincere. Whether she truly believed it is another thing, but when asked the question directly, she didn't dodge it or dance around it. She sounded & looked very sincere, and that's true class & grace.

The link:
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband

B

Bruzilla

At least some Republicans haven't become infected with ODS.

ImnoMensa

One of the things I havent seen discussed here are the attacks made on Mrs. Bush when George was running for President.

Michelle stirred up a little chit storm when she claimed she hadnt been proud of America before, and Obama got all hawked up defending her and stated his wife was off limits, but the fatc is she brought it on herself with her big mouth.

I remember when the liberal trash was calling Mr.s Bush a killer and murderer for an accident she had when she was about 17 years old. Now that was a really harsh attack brought on by a low class trash liberal faction. Mr. Bush took it for what it was , dirty politics. Mr. Bush's daughters were attacked and called drunks.

Chelsea took her share of attacks. Unfortunately its part of the game and Obama better get used to it.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
One of the things I havent seen discussed here are the attacks made on Mrs. Bush when George was running for President.

Michelle stirred up a little chit storm when she claimed she hadnt been proud of America before, and Obama got all hawked up defending her and stated his wife was off limits, but the fatc is she brought it on herself with her big mouth.

I remember when the liberal trash was calling Mr.s Bush a killer and murderer for an accident she had when she was about 17 years old. Now that was a really harsh attack brought on by a low class trash liberal faction. Mr. Bush took it for what it was , dirty politics. Mr. Bush's daughters were attacked and called drunks.

Chelsea took her share of attacks. Unfortunately its part of the game and Obama better get used to it.

Laura Bush has said on more than one occasion that it comes with the territory and you have to have thick skin. (to be in politics)

I'm guessing her southern lady "steel magnolia" type of personality could probably turn out one big "Shrewsbury fit" if provoked enough.

I saw a clip of Jenna where she joked that they were calling her "Mommyzilla" during the final stages of the wedding planning! :lmao: It was a total joke, and apparently Laura was cool as a cucumber at all the last minute problems, but she did say having a WH wedding would have been a LOT less work or something like that!

B

Bruzilla

I remember the attacks on the Bushs, but when was Chelsea the victim of a lot of attacks? I remember some jokes about her looks, but they got squashed pretty fast.

SamSpade

I remember the attacks on the Bushs, but when was Chelsea the victim of a lot of attacks? I remember some jokes about her looks, but they got squashed pretty fast.

There really weren't any, and they laid off Amy Carter pretty quick too.

Funny, that.