Sucks to Own a Toyota

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Grumpy

Funny, that article is 2 and a half years old, and this is the first time I've heard anything about it.

Clem72

Apparently just the Toyotas manufactured in the good ole USA. The ones from Japan don't have this issue.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
My friend had one of those recalled Taco's. They said drop it off at dealer asap, they gave him decent money for it and wanted him to buy a new one, he went F150, lol.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I have a 2018 Tacoma, previously had a 2015. I've heard about it, but not from the dealer. I'm on a couple Tacoma FB pages and folks on there mention it occasionally. I thought this was just for older models though. Maybe I better look into it a little closer.

OldHillcrestGuy

I have a 2006 Tundra that I had a recall on for a rust problem. They fixed it just fine. It also qualified for a rental for 3 days.

PeoplesElbow

I got a brand new frame on my 06 after it was 11 years old and had 170k miles on it, find one other auto maker that would pay that sort of money to make their customers happy.

While they have everything apart replacing the frame they will also replace things that are coming off anyway for the cost of a new part.

It is very well known about to the Toyota owner community, Toyota has been doing the right thing, no way GM or Chrysler would do that.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/frame-rust-recall.263311/

limblips

PREMO Member
Friend works for a Toyota dealership in Colorado. For a year and a half his sole job was to replace frames.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
My mom had a 2005? Windstar ..

while in for routine service Ford checked it for a recall for corrosion on the rear axle ....

yep corroded ....

she was invited into the manager office informed of the problem,
Ford cut a check for a couple 1000 over blue book right there

PeoplesElbow

My mom had a 2005? Windstar ..

while in for routine service Ford checked it for a recall for corrosion on the rear axle ....

yep corroded ....

she was invited into the manager office informed of the problem,
Ford cut a check for a couple 1000 over blue book right there
Nice, how old was it?

Ford is pretty good on recalls, I was getting some free work done on a 15 year old F-150 a while back.