Suddenly, my babies are not babies anymore.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Most of you have watched my kids grow. Jacob was a newborn when I first became an active poster on the forums. Well, they're not babies anymore. Katie is almost 9 and started the 3rd grade today. Juliet is 10 and started the 5th grade. And Jacob, the baby that so many of you held, well...he is 12 and started the 7th grade today. This morning has had me weeping. I took 3 pics of Jacob and I could not find him in any of them. His baby face has officially gone and he's now pure pre-teen. I am pretty sure that this will be "that" year for him and the girls. I watched a few of them oogle over him during orientation yesterday. Where has the time gone? :bawl:

:yay::yay::yay:

And what kind of ass would ask you if you were chubby?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Not to worry, sockgirl77 - they'll all be driving in about three months, and then finishing college in about 7 months, and then you'll be Grammie!

b23hqb

PREMO Member
wait until you are grand parent .... then you really feel old

its been 9 yrs, I am still not used to being called Grandpa

It's been five years for me, and Pop-Pop is just fine and dandy.....

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Most of you have watched my kids grow. Jacob was a newborn when I first became an active poster on the forums. Well, they're not babies anymore. Katie is almost 9 and started the 3rd grade today. Juliet is 10 and started the 5th grade. And Jacob, the baby that so many of you held, well...he is 12 and started the 7th grade today. This morning has had me weeping. I took 3 pics of Jacob and I could not find him in any of them. His baby face has officially gone and he's now pure pre-teen. I am pretty sure that this will be "that" year for him and the girls. I watched a few of them oogle over him during orientation yesterday. Where has the time gone? :bawl:

:huggy: Your kids are adorable! 7th grade already? Yikes! (cute, though!)

Even though I look back a little wistfully on the days when mine were younger, I'm *so glad they're 25 and 20. I'm probably never going to be a true empty-nester, with Thing1 and all. But Thing2 is 20, getting started on his career (and also a volunteer FF) and off on his own, so I am totally ecstatic! :yahoo:

Don't worry about missing the baby years, those teen years will make you question your sanity more than a few times (and remind you why some animals eat their young!!) :evil:

sockgirl77

:yay::yay::yay:

And what kind of ass would ask you if you were chubby?
A smart one. :wink:
:huggy: Your kids are adorable! 7th grade already? Yikes! (cute, though!)

Even though I look back a little wistfully on the days when mine were younger, I'm *so glad they're 25 and 20. I'm probably never going to be a true empty-nester, with Thing1 and all. But Thing2 is 20, getting started on his career (and also a volunteer FF) and off on his own, so I am totally ecstatic! :yahoo:

Don't worry about missing the baby years, those teen years will make you question your sanity more than a few times (and remind you why some animals eat their young!!) :evil:
Thank you and the teen years have already started. Middle Child is 10 going on 17. She's already making me throw shorts/skirts away because they're too short AND she argues with me about it. She likes to put clothes on that she finds in the "too small" bin. :jameo:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
A smart one. :wink:

Thank you and the teen years have already started. Middle Child is 10 going on 17. She's already making me throw shorts/skirts away because they're too short AND she argues with me about it. She likes to put clothes on that she finds in the "too small" bin. :jameo:

:killingme

I mean...:huggy:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Middle Child is 10 going on 17. She's already making me throw shorts/skirts away because they're too short AND she argues with me about it.

I'm glad my 11 yr old is so much the tomboy, and wants to wear shorts or pants all the time

sockgirl77

:killingme

I mean...:huggy:
Right. My mother wished her upon me.
I'm glad my 11 yr old is so much the tomboy, and wants to wear shorts or pants all the time
That's where I'm screwed. Not only does she like to wear short shorts, but she is a tomboy as well. So, she is going to have the boys' attention no matter what. Blonde hair, blue eyes, legs for days, AND loves cars and sports. I'm doomed.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
That's where I'm screwed. Not only does she like to wear short shorts, but she is a tomboy as well. So, she is going to have the boys' attention no matter what. Blonde hair, blue eyes, legs for days, AND loves cars and sports. I'm doomed.

:huggy:

For real. Allen is now 18 and I take him to college tomorrow.

Allen and Kevin at the county fair our first year here (2002)
Allen & Kevin Alligator.jpg

Allen yesterday...
14066376_10209582361503334_5962126786639727047_o.jpg